+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature for Work Reference Letter

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
In my time at the company where I was employed for 1.5 years, I worked for one supervisor for about 10 months. She left the company at the 10-month mark. I worked for another supervisor for 8 months. This immediate supervisor, who is also technically in charge of HR, still works at the company but we did not have a very good working relationship and I would prefer not to ask him to sign off on documents on my behalf.

On the other hand, I have a great relationship with the CEO as well as my first supervisor. I'm worried about ICCRC's wording which states that the reference letter should contain the title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.

Is there any advice that you can provide me on what to do here?

I would love to either have my first supervisor or CEO sign off the reference letter.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
In my time at the company where I was employed for 1.5 years, I worked for one supervisor for about 10 months. She left the company at the 10-month mark. I worked for another supervisor for 8 months. This immediate supervisor, who is also technically in charge of HR, still works at the company but we did not have a very good working relationship and I would prefer not to ask him to sign off on documents on my behalf.

On the other hand, I have a great relationship with the CEO as well as my first supervisor. I'm worried about ICCRC's wording which states that the reference letter should contain the title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company.

Is there any advice that you can provide me on what to do here?

I would love to either have my first supervisor or CEO sign off the reference letter.
It is just an example of who should sign the letter. Any person authorized to sign on a company letterhead in your Company can sign the letter. No issues, go ahead as per your plan.

Reactions: EaTONOty

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
Great! I'm writing up for the draft for my CEO and I have the line... "This position was permanent and he worked directly under my supervision." Obviously, he wasn't a direct supervisor. How can I close the letter in a way that accurately describes our professional relationship and why he's able to sign the letter?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Great! I'm writing up for the draft for my CEO and I have the line... "This position was permanent and he worked directly under my supervision." Obviously, he wasn't a direct supervisor. How can I close the letter in a way that accurately describes our professional relationship and why he's able to sign the letter?
Name of CEO
Chief Executive Officer, Company Name
Signature

The person has to be in a position of authority for the company in question. Most reference letters do not have the signature of the direct supervisor. The whole point is that if IRCC chooses to contact the person responsible, he/she should be able to verify what you have claimed.

Reactions: EaTONOty