+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling visitor visa

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
The sibling must apply themself. If you are a PR or citizen you can send them an invitation letter.
Hi @canuck78, When is the role of being a representative comes in- I mean when should one try to apply on behalf of their family dependents(be it parents or adult siblings age around 29)? Does the representation from Canada helps in anyway to expedite the process or strengthens the file or increases the approval chances?? Quite confused as should I ask my working sibling of age 29 apply on her own Or should I be a representative for my sibling & mother's application? Kindly throw some light on this. THANKS Much!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canuck78, When is the role of being a representative comes in- I mean when should one try to apply on behalf of their family dependents(be it parents or adult siblings age around 29)? Does the representation from Canada helps in anyway to expedite the process or strengthens the file or increases the approval chances?? Quite confused as should I ask my working sibling of age 29 apply on her own Or should I be a representative for my sibling & mother's application? Kindly throw some light on this. THANKS Much!!
Your choice whether you act as a representative. No it will not help their TRV applications. Assume both your mother and especially your sister can apply on their own even if you provide some guidance. Qualifying for a TRV is based on the applicant not the person in Canada.

Reactions: IamaDreamernt@69

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
Your choice whether you act as a representative. No it will not help their TRV applications. Assume both your mother and especially your sister can apply on their own even if you provide some guidance. Qualifying for a TRV is based on the applicant not the person in Canada.
Thanks a lot for clarifying this @canuck78 !! Could you please respond on these ques too : 1) Can I use the same invitation letter for them if applying their files separately(not showing as a family group) and if applying on the same time or with a gap of 1 month ?? 2)Is it important to notarize the letter from lawyers?, I have heard it's the yellow stamp that lawyers put on the printed letter? 3) Does it increase any weightage of the letter which we are providing just as a declaration?? Please clarify. Appreciate your help!! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for clarifying this @canuck78 !! Could you please respond on these ques too : 1) Can I use the same invitation letter for them if applying their files separately(not showing as a family group) and if applying on the same time or with a gap of 1 month ?? 2)Is it important to notarize the letter from lawyers?, I have heard it's the yellow stamp that lawyers put on the printed letter? 3) Does it increase any weightage of the letter which we are providing just as a declaration?? Please clarify. Appreciate your help!! :)
1. would slightly personalize the letter and address it to only one person since they have separate applications. They aren’t considered a family group.
2. No need to notarize anything save your money. Has no impact just a money grab
What matters most is proof of liquids funds for each of them, proof that they have strong ties and will return home, travel history, reason for travel and length of desired visit, etc

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
1. would slightly personalize the letter and address it to only one person since they have separate applications. They aren’t considered a family group.
2. No need to notarize anything save your money. Has no impact just a money grab
What matters most is proof of liquids funds for each of them, proof that they have strong ties and will return home, travel history, reason for travel and length of desired visit, etc
Thankyou @canuck78, appreciate your response !! :) You made it really easier for me. Please assist on the below too as I have been thinking lot on this lately planning to apply it on our own.
1) Any suggestions for the Family ties ,as in my case I don't have anything to show under Family ties, I only have my mother and sister back home(father passed away long back) initially thought of filing their applications together as a group but quite confused if adult sibling should be applied separately ONLY? And if I am applying thier applications on same time don't have any family ties to prove. Any tips to strengthen the family ties ?? Both are working, mother is military forces and sister is in IT dept. OR 1.2) should I file their applications with a month gap if it helps in anyways to increase the chances??

2) Do we need to book any airline tickets or share any ticket booking confirmations while filing the application? Would love to hear back.
THANKS again!!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou @canuck78, appreciate your response !! :) You made it really easier for me. Please assist on the below too as I have been thinking lot on this lately planning to apply it on our own.
1) Any suggestions for the Family ties ,as in my case I don't have anything to show under Family ties, I only have my mother and sister back home(father passed away long back) initially thought of filing their applications together as a group but quite confused if adult sibling should be applied separately ONLY? And if I am applying thier applications on same time don't have any family ties to prove. Any tips to strengthen the family ties ?? Both are working, mother is military forces and sister is in IT dept. OR 1.2) should I file their applications with a month gap if it helps in anyways to increase the chances??

2) Do we need to book any airline tickets or share any ticket booking confirmations while filing the application? Would love to hear back.
THANKS again!!
1. Adult siblings apply separately. Not dependant on parents. If they don’t have family ties then nothing to show.
1.2 No sense in applying at different times as they are not dependant on each other. Their profiles/documents are assessed separately.
2. No. Just show itinerary/dummy booking

IamaDreamernt@69

Mar 14, 2022
THANKYOU Canuck!! You're awsome.!! 1) So there is no way to strengthen the family ties?, don't know if weak ties lead to any problem (Work/fund wise we would be able to show)?? what is the min funds we should show??
1.2) should I think of putting my extended family relatives living near by house, Does that help in any case what exactly needs to show if showcasing them as ties ???
2) Is there a way to prepare the dummy tickets??
3) And, I am thinking just to prepare the plan for 3weeks or should I reduce it to 2weeks if that helps considering family ties being the weak point for us??
1. Adult siblings apply separately. Not dependant on parents. If they don’t have family ties then nothing to show.
1.2 No sense in applying at different times as they are not dependant on each other. Their profiles/documents are assessed separately.
2. No. Just show itinerary/dummy booking