+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling proof additional document

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
I've just received an email from CIC requesting additional documents to prove my sibling's residence in Canada. I have already uploaded my brother-in-law's citizenship certificate but the officer asked for his payslips or tax return.
I have only 5 days left and my brother in law is out of work now and his tax reports are not updated or he says so. I don't know what to do because I need the additional sibling points to be eligible. Can I send an alternative document like the internet bill?

I highly appreciate your help

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
I've just received an email from CIC requesting additional documents to prove my sibling's residence in Canada. I have already uploaded my brother-in-law's citizenship certificate but the officer asked for his payslips or tax return.
I have only 5 days left and my brother in law is out of work now and his tax reports are not updated or he says so. I don't know what to do because I need the additional sibling points to be eligible. Can I send an alternative document like the internet bill?

1. Colored Copy of PR card , Or citizenship
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
- Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
- Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
- That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.

Reactions: Ssarrah

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........

Internet bill is not a valid documents. You have to provide those documents what officer ask you to send.
Just share the exact letter which you received from IRCC for additional documents so we can see the better picture

Reactions: Ssarrah and scylla

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
Internet bill is not a valid documents. You have to provide those documents what officer ask you to send.
Just share the exact letter which you received from IRCC for additional documents so we can see the better picture
Thank you for helpful reply. Here is the letter I received:

I am now completing your application assessment for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. In particular, I have concerns that your CRS score falls below the minimum score at the time you were invited to under Express Entry, given that you have not provided sufficient documentation to demonstrate your relationship with a sibling in Canada, and the siblings' residence in Canada.

Before I make the final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You are invited to provide a birth certificate for yourself and your sibling, as well as tax returns and payslips, for your sibling to demonstrate their residence in Canada.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me.

If you choose not to respond with additional information, I will make my decision based on the information before me. Which may result in the refusal of your application.

Last edited:

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
1. Colored Copy of PR card , Or citizenship
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
- Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
- Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
- That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.

I'm very grateful for your reply. These few days I can't even think straight. It might be my last chance because of my age I can't apply again.

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
I received this email as an attachment of a reminder 3 days ago but it is dated May 17 which gives me 5 days.
In my profile I have uploaded my father-in-law's birth certificate which contains the names of his children. To prove my brother-in-law's citizenship, I have uploaded his Citizenship document( colored two pages). But all of these are uploaded in my husband's section ( my dependent). In this letter, it seems that the officer assumes that I have a blood sibling because my birth certificate is requested as well.

Anyways, I am going to send my own birth certificate along with my husband's and my brother-in-law's to prove the relationship. Is it enough if I just send my brother-in-law's health card given the fact that I have already uploded his citizenship document? Is it safer if I send the internet bill which has his address too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I received this email as an attachment of a reminder 3 days ago but it is dated May 17 which gives me 5 days.
In my profile I have uploaded my father-in-law's birth certificate which contains the names of his children. To prove my brother-in-law's citizenship, I have uploaded his Citizenship document( colored two pages). But all of these are uploaded in my husband's section ( my dependent). In this letter, it seems that the officer assumes that I have a blood sibling because my birth certificate is requested as well.

Anyways, I am going to send my own birth certificate along with my husband's and my brother-in-law's to prove the relationship. Is it enough if I just send my brother-in-law's health card given the fact that I have already uploded his citizenship document? Is it safer if I send the internet bill which has his address too?
No - this won't be enough. IRCC is looking for proof the sibling actually lives in Canada as well. A health card doesn't generally prove this and neither does an internet bill. That's why IRCC is requesting his pay stubs and tax return. When was he last working in a job in Canada? Was it recent? If so, I would provide his pay stubs from that job. Does he rent or own property in Canada? Does he attend school? Again, what you're looking to do is prove he's actually living in Canada right now.

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
He is not studying there and he resigned from his job 5 months ago. But he says that he doesn't have access to his last paystubs and it will take a long time if he asks for them.

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
I've just asked about the rental agreement and it seems that it is in my brother-in-law's wife's name.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Thank you for helpful reply. Here is the letter I received:

I am now completing your application assessment for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. In particular, I have concerns that your CRS score falls below the minimum score at the time you were invited to under Express Entry, given that you have not provided sufficient documentation to demonstrate your relationship with a sibling in Canada, and the siblings' residence in Canada.

Before I make the final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You are invited to provide a birth certificate for yourself and your sibling, as well as tax returns and payslips, for your sibling to demonstrate their residence in Canada.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me.

If you choose not to respond with additional information, I will make my decision based on the information before me. Which may result in the refusal of your application.
You are lucky he didn’t refuse your application instead he gave a chance to clarify your documents.

He’s your husband brother??

He asked you to upload a tax return and payslips which you should ask your brother in-law to give you if he don’t give you then your chances will be less and write a LOE ( Letter of explanation) how you belong to your brother in law and also explain them you are trying to get the payslips n tax returns once you received you will upload it by the time you are uploading his health card Internet bill, birth certificates including your husband and all other supporting documents what ever you have.ok
Try to make him clear about the documents which is missing

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
Thanks for your advice. Yes he is my husband's brother. He has talked to his building office and they are going to prepare a letter which confirms that he is living in that building. I hope it works out!

Nameta

May 8, 2019
My sister lives in u.s but she has done her landing already.i went to a lawyer he said that you can claim points if she has done landing.but now cic is asking for proof of residence of my sister.what should i do? I am in a dilema .she is planning to move soon.

Ssarrah

Jun 10, 2019
How long has your brother in law lived in Canada. I can help if he moved here before 31 dec 2018 provided he wants to help you.
Thank you for your kind offer to help. He moved to Canada about 9 years ago but I'm not sure if he is willing to get out of his way to help us out and we don't really expect him to do so. However, he has got a letter of tenancy confirmation which seems to solve the problem. I have sent a letter to CIC explaining the situation and providing our birth certificates along with the above-mentioned letter, the copy of his Canadian passport, citizenship document and internet bill which contains his address. Do you think that's enough?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My sister lives in u.s but she has done her landing already.i went to a lawyer he said that you can claim points if she has done landing.but now cic is asking for proof of residence of my sister.what should i do? I am in a dilema .she is planning to move soon.
The lawyer is wrong. You can only claim points if the sibling is physically living in Canada. You need to let IRCC know and tell them to remove the sibling points from your profile. If you don't have enough points for ITA without the sibling points, you need to decline ITA.