+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling Points

sushantbh

Jan 9, 2020
My brother has got his Pr card in October and the he left Canada.At present he is not there but he has got his bank account employment from a Canadian company who lets him work in his home country
My question is can i claim sibling points as he is not currently residing in Canada but working for Canadian Company but in his home country

Ronaldomessi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2019
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2019
One of the three documents that they ask for is Sibling proof of residence in canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what document is required for proof of residence in canada.
he will be traveling to canada in march and then he will be traveling in and out of the country
He needs to be living in Canada in order for you to be able to claim points. If he is going to be living and working mostly out of his home country - you can't claim the points.

To prove he is living in Canada you would want to provide evidence like property ownership / rental, utility bills, proof he is employed and working in Canada, etc.

despoboy1234

Mar 25, 2021
He needs to be living in Canada in order for you to be able to claim points. If he is going to be living and working mostly out of his home country - you can't claim the points.

To prove he is living in Canada you would want to provide evidence like property ownership / rental, utility bills, proof he is employed and working in Canada, etc.
if my sibling is travelling to their home country for 1-2 months after I submit my PR application, would it cause any trouble? My sibling is moving to Canada in May and they have a full-time job, apartment lease, utility bills, etc. They are just going to visit my grandmother in June end for 1-2 months and my grandmother is in her last stages of her life.

despoboy1234

Mar 25, 2021

Hoping for your reply @scylla