+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points

Nuts13

Apr 23, 2019
What are the criteria of claiming sibling points? My sibling has a valid canada PR but he doesn't stay there. However he keeps going there and has SIN number and other address proof of canada like bank account and mobile number

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What are the criteria of claiming sibling points? My sibling has a valid canada PR but he doesn't stay there. However he keeps going there and has SIN number and other address proof of canada like bank account and mobile number
I assume you are asking about Express Entry.

No points for your sibling. Your sibling must be living in Canada for you to get points and you must submit evidence that your sibling is living there. The evidence you've listed isn't sufficient and doesn't prove someone is living in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why does he keep proof of address and mobile number if he doesn’t live in Canada? Does he have a spouse or children living in Canada? If he doesn’t just making sure he has cancelled any benefits he is receiving like CCB and has informed his provincial health authority that he is out of the country.

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
I'm in similar situation and wanted to reach out to you for your guidance. Here is my problem with regards to Express Entry application -

I have PR sibling (sister) but as she is currently not living in Canada I am not eligible to get additional 15 points. My current CRS score is enough to get ITA without PR sibling score. If I select "No" with regards to PR sibling query in my Express Entry profile, would it be misrepresentation given that she is not in Canada at the time of my application.

My sister's spouse is living in Canada and all supporting documents are under his name like mortgage, rent agreement etc. Will these documents be sufficient and can I show in case I claim 15 points? Currently, I have my sister's PR card, Health Card, and Birth Certificate.

I'm not sure how to proceed in this unique situation. I would be grateful if you could answer my questions

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
I'm in similar situation and wanted to reach out to you for your guidance. Here is my problem with regards to Express Entry application -

I have PR sibling (sister) but as she is currently not living in Canada I am not eligible to get additional 15 points. My current CRS score is enough to get ITA without PR sibling score. If I select "No" with regards to PR sibling query in my Express Entry profile, would it be misrepresentation given that she is not in Canada at the time of my application.

My sister's spouse is living in Canada and all supporting documents are under his name like mortgage, rent agreement etc. Will these documents be sufficient and can I show in case I claim 15 points? Currently, I have my sister's PR card, Health Card, and Birth Certificate.

I'm not sure how to proceed in this unique situation. I would be grateful if you could answer my questions
Hey.. Did you get any response to this