+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling Points

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends, I am residing in the pool with 443 and observing the cut offs don't see chance nearby for ITA.
My sister has already received her PR card but is currently residing in India.
I would be travelling to Canada in the month of April on work visa. Question is can I claim the 15 points for the sibling. I am good with
Proof of status - can show copy of her pr card.
Proof of relationship - can show docs for this.
Proof of Residency - Now I would be taking some apartment/condo for my family once I do reach there. Is there a way that I can show some residency proof of my sister as well; may be can get her name added in the agreement or something?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Friends, I am residing in the pool with 443 and observing the cut offs don't see chance nearby for ITA.
I would be travelling to Canada in the month of April on work visa. Question is can I claim the 15 points for the sibling. I am good with
Proof of Residency - Now I would be taking some apartment/condo for my family once I do reach there. Is there a way that I can show some residency proof of my sister as well; may be can get her name added in the agreement or something?
Your sister should be resisding in Canada at the time you submit your application, that’s it, there’s no other way around it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That's an excellent way to get banned from Canada for 5 years due to misrepresentation..
Rule 1. Don't intentionally mislead IRCC.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you can't claim points for your sister. She needs to be living in Canada in order for you to claim points. What you are talking about doing is misrepresentation. Misrepresentation = refusal + 5 year ban from Canada.

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Thanks a lot for the responses friends. This helps; I am clear now. Once I land up there next month on work visa (in April), I should get my sister as well probably by May '19. Will claim for the points only when she lands up in Canada. Thanks again!

Reactions: hodari