+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points using COPR

Curious20

Mar 20, 2019
y sister got her PR and will be landing in Canada next week. I have my EE profile created..once she lands and gets her COPR signed can I update my profile to avail the 15 points? Or do I have to wait for their actual PR card?

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
y sister got her PR and will be landing in Canada next week. I have my EE profile created..once she lands and gets her COPR signed can I update my profile to avail the 15 points? Or do I have to wait for their actual PR card?
The COPR is fine.

Although, at the time of submitting application you would need 3 documents

1. Proof of sibling relationship (I'm guessing you have those, birth certificates with common parent names or even passport last page with common parent names should work)
2. Proof of PR (COPR will work)
3. Proof of residence in Canada (You will need to provide a copy of a utility bill/bank statement or other address proof to prove your sibling has actually moved to Canada)

Make a decision if you are sure that you'll have the third document available by the time you need to submit your application.

Curious20

Mar 20, 2019
The COPR is fine.

1. Proof of sibling relationship (I'm guessing you have those, birth certificates with common parent names or even passport last page with common parent names should work)
3. Proof of residence in Canada (You will need to provide a copy of a utility bill/bank statement or other address proof to prove your sibling has actually moved to Canada)

Make a decision if you are sure that you'll have the third document available by the time you need to submit your application.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My brother has landed last week. Just wanted to know, what did you finally decide? Have you updated your profile with Sibling as PR? What is your score now?

Your reply would be appreciated, maybe we can connect to understand our situations better.

Thanks.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
The COPR is fine.

For point no.3 , can SIN document be considered ?

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Does it have a local address? I don't know how a SIN document looks like. The document needs to have a Canadian local address
Yes it has a local address, but the document says it is a confidential document and needs to be protected at all times. Don’t know what to do now..!! But will try for bank account statement and mobile bills.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Yes it has a local address, but the document says it is a confidential document and needs to be protected at all times. Don’t know what to do now..!! But will try for bank account statement and mobile bills.
Hello guys ,
Don’t try to use COPR Ircc clearly mention on their website if you wants to claim sibling points then you have to provide them your sibling proof of Canadian Resident card or citizen ship passport of Canada
Points for siblings in Canada
You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:

• living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be

• 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1318&top=29

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
Sibling points claim
1. Colored Copy of PR card , both side . Current one which you provided has cut at bottom bar.
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Sibling points claim
1. Colored Copy of PR card , both side . Current one which you provided has cut at bottom bar.
2. Current proof of residence in Canada, Example copy of any one of these, Health Card or Driving License or Bank/Credit card Statement, lease/rental agreement etc.. must have current date.
3. Notarized declaration from you with should declare all of following:
Your name, passport number & Express Entry file number
Details about , how you are related to Canadian relative and proof.
That your relative is residing in Canada and will have intention to continue to do so, until final decision of your application.
What is this? Is this what you have got on your Express Entry Profile for documents required in the Sibling section? This looks like some specific reply.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
What is this? Is this what you have got on your Express Entry Profile for documents required in the Sibling section? This looks like some specific reply.
This is what I submitted and got my PPR yesterday...