01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Vivektal81

May 8, 2019
As per the CIC Website below is the criteria for the sibling points:

You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:
  • living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be
  • 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common

I have a query that is a little complex:

My sister has got her PR and she is landing in Canada along with her husband in May first week.
It seems that getting the PR card would take approx 67 days after landing.
She would spend around 25 days in Canada and would leave in the month of June, but her husband would still stay in Canada.
My sister would return to Canada in October.

Now my query is - how soon would I be able to claim the 15 points for sibling in Canada -
Would I be able to claim the points just after her time of landing - i.e. by May 2nd week ?
Hi I am also have same query. how you solved this .my email I'd svivektalwar@yahoo.com

You can now earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:
  • living in Canada and
  • 18 years old or older

I have a query that is a little complex:

My sister has got her PR and she is landing in Canada along with her husband in May first week.
It seems that getting the PR card would take approx 67 days after landing.
She would spend around 25 days in Canada and would leave in the month of June, but her husband would still stay in Canada.
My sister would return to Canada in October.

Now my query is - how soon would I be able to claim the 15 points for sibling in Canada -
Would I be able to claim the points just after her time of landing - i.e. by May 2nd week ?
Please reply how you solved this problem

ash3086

Jul 29, 2019
Hi... I am in bit of a situation and confused, If I am the Principal Applicatnt and my wife is NOT accompanying me to Canada. She has a a Brother who is Canadian citizen, then in this scenario would I still be able to gain points for having a Canadian

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi... I am in bit of a situation and confused, If I am the Principal Applicatnt and my wife is NOT accompanying me to Canada. She has a a Brother who is Canadian citizen, then in this scenario would I still be able to gain points for having a Canadian
No - you cannot gain points. Your wife must be accompanying in order for you to claim points for her brother in Canada.

eshin

Dec 21, 2013

I was filling my Express Entry application and it asks if I have any siblings in Canada who are PR or citizens.
Even though I have siblings in Canada but I don't wish to claim points for it.
Should I answer it YES or NO?

-YES means I will have to provide additional documentation which I would like to avoid.
- NO means I will be providing false information.

I am not sure what should I do? kindly help out

shailu44

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
21-11-2019
Hi,

I am claiming points for Sibling as my brother is a Canadian Citizen. However, Father's Name(spelling) is different in both my passport and my brother's passport. (My brother doesn't have his birth certificate). Will it be a problem? What are my options?
Please suggest.

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
I claimed points for PR sibling living in Canada. My AOR is Feb 10th. As per recent GCMS notes my eligibility is Recommended Pass and they gave points for my sibling. Now my brother is coming back from Canada this month while my application is still in process. Can you please advise if this will impact my CRS score at this stage? As per my understanding sibling needs to be in Canada at the time of ITA and AOR. Is it correct?

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I claimed points for PR sibling living in Canada. My AOR is Feb 10th. As per recent GCMS notes my eligibility is Recommended Pass and they gave points for my sibling. Now my brother is coming back from Canada this month while my application is still in process. Can you please advise if this will impact my CRS score at this stage? As per my understanding sibling needs to be in Canada at the time of ITA and AOR. Is it correct?
@tuton.hr Did you receive your PR?

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hello, can you please share any update on this? What did you end up doing here?

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
Hello, can you please share any update on this? What did you end up doing here?
I am very happy to update you that my PR application has already been approved without any ADR. There's no issue if PR sibling is outside Canada as long as s/he in Canada at the time of application submission and AOR.

Matilda2019

May 22, 2021
hello everyone! i need your help please.

• living in Canada and
  • 18 years old or older

my question is, does the sibling in Canada have to be alone or without any immediate family in Canada to get the 15 points or is it ok even if the sibling has his/her spouse and dependent/s living with him/her?

thank you in advance.

Matilda2019

May 22, 2021
I am very happy to update you that my PR application has already been approved without any ADR. There's no issue if PR sibling is outside Canada as long as s/he in Canada at the time of application submission and AOR.

hello! congratulations! i need your help please.

• living in Canada and
  • 18 years old or older

my question is, does the sibling in Canada have to be alone or without any immediate family in Canada to get the 15 points or is it ok even if the sibling has his/her spouse and dependent/s living with him/her at the time of the application?

thank you in advance.

tuton.hr

Nov 23, 2019
hello everyone! i need your help please.

• living in Canada and
  • 18 years old or older

my question is, does the sibling in Canada have to be alone or without any immediate family in Canada to get the 15 points or is it ok even if the sibling has his/her spouse and dependent/s living with him/her?

thank you in advance.
S/he can live alone or family it's irrelevant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My Brother just got PR but has not received COPR. Can I claim 15 points for sibling
He needs to land and become a PR before you can claim the points. So no. He's not a PR yet.