+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points for EE

DarkoN

Jul 31, 2017
Hi folks,
I am living in Canada under Study Permit visa. Recently my brother who lives outside Canada has got COPR, and soon will land to get PR. However, my brother is currently busy with his job, he plans to stay in Canada for several weeks or so and goes back to finish the project (not yet know how long, maybe a couple of months). Now I want to claim 15 points in EE for having a PR's sibling as soon as possible due to my next birthday :(. I searched from this informative forum but I couldn't find any case similar to me. Shortly, I wanna clarify the Proof of Resdence:

1. Can he make all documents under his name for Proof of Residence (phone bill, bank account, etc.) using my address (he'll reside with me while staying in Canada)?

2. When he comes back to home country, can I use those documents to claim sibling's points?

3. Does CIC check my brother's passport status later (entry and departure from airports)?

4. Is there any better option to claim the points asap according to his situation?

Thank you for sharing your ideas and experience! ^^

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to wait until he is actually living in Canada before you can claim you have a sibling here and get the 15 points. Lying in an application about where he is living risks misrepresentation.

Reactions: DarkoN

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
This is very fraudulent and if they find out you can be banned from Canada. You can only claim the points if he is living here.