+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling points and corona virus

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I was to move on 8th April and I have received my PR card in August 2019.

Can my sister claim my points as I am not sure when I will get to travel coz of corona virus. I only have my PR card with me.

In August she loses 5 points for her age. And if he adds my points right now then she falls in the 470 cut off points.

If she claims my points will the proof of tickets and airbnb confirmation be enough of the intention that I was relocating to Toronto during this time.

Thanks

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi Everyone,

Can my sister claim my points as I am not sure when I will get to travel coz of corona virus. I only have my PR card with me.

In August she loses 5 points for her age. And if he adds my points right now then she falls in the 470 cut off points.

If she claims my points will the proof of tickets and airbnb confirmation be enough of the intention that I was relocating to Toronto during this time.

Thanks
As you do not reside in Canada, your sister is ineligible for these points (unfortunately). The document requirements are below ( taken from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html).

Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
While you may argue that an AirBnB booking is a lease, the fact remains that you do not reside in Canada at the moment.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
You have to be physically living in Canada for her to claim the 5 points. There have been no changes to these rules as a result of COVID-19. She doesn't qualify to claim the 5 points unfortunately.