+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling in Canada

Prinze2005

Oct 12, 2018
I have an Aunt/Uncle in Canada. Currently, my score is 436 in the pool. I updated my profile to reflect that I have an Aunt there but I noticed that after the update my score did not change.

I expected to see an addition of 15 points but nothing happened.

Please has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have an Aunt/Uncle in Canada. Currently, my score is 436 in the pool. I updated my profile to reflect that I have an Aunt there but I noticed that after the update my score did not change.

I expected to see an addition of 15 points but nothing happened.

Please has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it.
An "Aunt" is not a sibling.

Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada

The Express Entry system will begin awarding 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.

To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older.

The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner. This relationship can be through blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption.

Prinze2005

Oct 12, 2018
Thank you for the response. I also tried choosing that option but the CR's will not change. What could be the problem. What did I not do correctly?

Do I have to recreate the profile?

Prinze2005

Oct 12, 2018
Thank you for the response. I also tried choosing that option but the CR's will not change. What could be the problem. What did I not do correctly?

Do I have to recreate the profile?