+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling in Canada

NellyM.

Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen now and living in Canada with her family.

But I don't want to add her in my application, I have enough points and getting the documents are hard because she is not full sister, she is my sister from my dad side.

So if I choose that I don't have a relative in Canada, will that consider as a fraud?

Dec 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a sister who is a Canadian citizen now and living in Canada with her family.

But I don't want to add her in my application, I have enough points and getting the documents are hard because she is not full sister, she is my sister from my dad side.

So if I choose that I don't have a relative in Canada, will that consider as a fraud?
No, it's not a fraud. It's your discretion to reveal that your sister lives there. Remember, IRCC will only ask for evidence once you declare something.

For e.g. You declared you worked for 5 years in your respective NOC. So, IRCC will ask for evidence for 5 years work history.
If you declared that you worked for only 3 years then IRCC will only ask for 3 years of work history evidence.

So if you do not declare that you have a sister, you will be fine.

Reactions: NellyM.

NellyM.

Jan 24, 2018
No, it's not a fraud. It's your discretion to reveal that your sister lives there. Remember, IRCC will only ask for evidence once you declare something.

For e.g. You declared you worked for 5 years in your respective NOC. So, IRCC will ask for evidence for 5 years work history.
If you declared that you worked for only 3 years then IRCC will only ask for 3 years of work history evidence.

So if you do not declare that you have a sister, you will be fine.
Sounds great:). So if i choose not to add her at this stage. In the nomination program i read that they ask if I have any ties in Toronto, can I write her contact information?

Dec 22, 2017
Sounds great:). So if i choose not to add her at this stage. In the nomination program i read that they ask if I have any ties in Toronto, can I write her contact information?
Absolutely, as long as you do not formally seek any supporting documents from her and she is willing to share the contact information, you should be fine.

Sep 21, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Did this work? I'm also at a similar stage and previously I have included my sister's points if I remove now it might be a case of misrepresentation. Please tell me if you faced any issue