+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sibling documents

Vrindaahuja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Received an ITA
Have to submit documents of sibling as well as she is PR here.
The problem is on my sibling passport mother name is written as Surjit and on my passport it’s written as Surjeet. ( A little spelling error are there)
on her birth certificate father name is written as Angrej Singh brar, on my Birth certificate it’s written Angrej Singh ( brar is not mention there)
Birth Certifiacte was in Hindi so we got translated it from certified translator and attached both copies.
What we can do for the name error in passport, will it be okay if we attach Letter of explanation with that.
Please reply, very few days left to submit the profile.

sur kaur

Dec 28, 2020
i faced same issue.. so i attached a document attested by notary that ABC and XyZ is the same person, having passport no. xxxx is same.
attached educational (matric) document where father name was same

singpra1

Mar 22, 2022
Hi,

My wife has a brother who is a PR in Canada. He is not willing to provide his documents for our use.
Although we will mention that he is a PR in Canada, is there a letter format to send to CIC explaining our situation that we are unable to show his docs?

Aug 5, 2023
Hi. I have recently moved to Canada (in April 2023). I am currently using my uncle's address in Vancouver as my home and mailing address and he is perfectly fine with it. I have my DL, health insurance, bank statement, payroll etc. with that address.

I have not yet established a permanent house or apartment in Canada and since I am still exploring the province, and want to travel a bit before I do that. I am mostly staying in Airbnbs which I change every 2-3 months but within the province of BC. In case of any verification or background check, my uncle can certainly confirm that I live at his address or provide me a formal lease agreement.

My brother is planning to apply for Canadian PR and I want him to be able to get those sibling points to increase his CRS score. I had a few questions:

1. My understanding is that while submitting his application, my brother need to submit proof of my PR status as well as residency in Canada. I am planning to provide him copy of my PR card, bank statements, employer payslip etc. Is there anything else that need to be added for sibling points?

2. Will CIC or CBSA verify whether I physically live at the address mentioned in my sibling's PR application? As I mentioned, I am currently living in airbnb's which I change every few months but use my uncle's address as my permanent address for mail, DL, insurance etc. Can this be an issue in the future or during the processing of my sibling's application?

It will be great if someone can help me with this because I don't want any issues with my brother's application. Thanks!