+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling Document Question

MichealConroy7

Sep 2, 2019
Hi Folks,

I am a little confused as to what documents I need to upload for the below categories. My step sister is a Candian Residant since 2013.

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - front and back of her OR card.

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - utility bill with her name and address.

Proof of sibling relationship - both birth certs with our mother named on them.

Family Member Proof of Status - what can I upload here?

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I did birth certificate. For a step sister I'm not sure... what official documents do you have proving you are related that has both of your names?

MichealConroy7

Sep 2, 2019
Yeah the birth cert will show we are officially related. I have ready to upload in the proof of relationship section.

I'm not sure what to upload for family member proof of status though?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Folks,

I am a little confused as to what documents I need to upload for the below categories. My step sister is a Candian Residant since 2013.

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - front and back of her OR card.

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - utility bill with her name and address.

Proof of sibling relationship - both birth certs with our mother named on them.

Family Member Proof of Status - what can I upload here?
If you share the same mother, you are half-siblings, not step-siblings.
Step-siblings have no common parent and are only joined via their parent's relationship.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Yeah the birth cert will show we are officially related. I have ready to upload in the proof of relationship section.

I'm not sure what to upload for family member proof of status though?
Oh I don't think you need to. I uploaded birth certificate, utility bill, both sides of PR card

But yes - double check that siblings by marriage are eligible

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Oh I don't think you need to. I uploaded birth certificate, utility bill, both sides of PR card

But yes - double check that siblings by marriage are eligible
Can we upload passport details as well for proof of sibling instead of birth certificate

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.