+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIAST....help....

shah.ahd

Sep 4, 2012
Hello guys & senior members, I am new to this forum it's a such a good forum for those who want to immigrate abroad... Actully I am planing to move Sask on student visa by Jan'2013 but I got some confusion about student visa in Sask and SIAST college. One of the my friend told me that if you go to Sask on PGD courses(1 Year & more) in SIAST institute, you will be strightaway elligible for PR we just only need to show 960 hrs job in any filed...is it True? I have done B.Comm(Hon.) and PGD from London and right know working in HR since 2011 with reputed organization now I am planing to take HR related course in SIAST but I can't find proper information about Institute and admission. Guys and senior member pls lead me towards find College and HR related course which will help me to get PR thru SINP.... And genrelly what they check from our back records? Is there any age criteria on Student Visa? I am 30 year old am I eligible for Student Visa? How much expence for 1 year course with food & leaving? Pls help me out from those quetions.....your early reaponse will be highly appriciate.

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi

I don't know if can I help you but I think I can talked about my experience and how I applied for PR in SK.

First, I took a certificate program at SIAST for one year. After six months studying there I applied for a out-campus work permit. At the beginning you just come here with a study permit which let you work just inside the campus. (these hours doesn't count for immigration)

Second, when finally got the out of campus work permit I started doing the work experience.

Third. After I finished school and the work experience. I need to find a job and applied for a post-graduation work permit. From this point the experience you get. It start counting for immigration. In my case I was lucky. The company where I did the work experience hired me.

According to the SINP you need at least 960 hours or 6 months of work experience in any field but after you get the post-graduation work permit.

I hope that helped you

shah.ahd

Sep 4, 2012
Hi Chimbombo....thanks for the brief information but still I got some questions like, is it possible to find work on initialy stage? How about accomodation and other expences I am asking bcos I am not finacily well. Can we bring our spouse on student dependent....pls guys put some information. Thnks in advance. @Chimbombo, which course u have done in SIAST?

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi

I took the New Media Communications program at SIAST.
It was really expensive for international students I had to paid 15 thousands dollars for one year of classes. I believe for Canadians is around 2 thousands per year.

I don't know what do you mean with initial state but I know. If you have a student permit you can only work inside the campus where u are studying. After six months of classes you can apply for an out-campus work permit.

In terms of accommodation. The rents in SK for an apartment with one room, one washroom, a kitchen and a living room are around 600 to 700 a months. So, is better if you find a room mate or someone to live with you.

shah.ahd

Sep 4, 2012
Hi chimbombo.....need one more your help, I heard that Sask is very cold territory in Canada? Sometimes in winter tempreture reach up to -50 to -60 D' is it true? Can we bring our family with us? Pls help me guys....

shah.ahd

Sep 4, 2012
Can someone please put some information abt Saskatchwan Weather.....I heard that winter is too cold in Saskatchwan sometimes tempreture reach -50' to -60' ? Pls put some info abt Weather....

Taariqq

Oct 5, 2012
Yes, winters are very cold. To discover what kind of climate it is, one can check out Wikipedia as well.
I am planning on taking computer networking cert in Sept 2013.

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
To get a study permit, you should have $10,000 to 15,000 to pay for the tuition, 10, 000 for yourself and extra 4, 000 for every dependent you bring for 1 year's stay in Canada. The spouse can apply for work permit together with your study permit application.

There is no age limit in SK. If you can apply in London for the study permit, you must read up on the requirements from the London pffice. Some visa offices want bank balances showing from 2 years prior to applying for student visa or it could be 3 months prior.

If you are able to convince CIC that you can afford to live in Canada as a student and have strong ties back in your home country, then you and your spouse will be approved and can get the permits.

Your spouse can work with an open work permit, work for any employer and help with your finances while you are in Canada. The spouse can even get SINP nominated by the employer after working for 6 months while you study. You should read up on the SINP streams.

Just be aware, the hourly wage in SK is low, around $9.50 per hour for retail/food service work, office clerks can get anywhere between $11 to $16 per hour. Hope this helps. Winter is manageable, just layer up in clothes and wear proper clothing, if we can handle it, you can too.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
chimbombo said:
Hi

I took the New Media Communications program at SIAST.
It was really expensive for international students I had to paid 15 thousands dollars for one year of classes. I believe for Canadians is around 2 thousands per year.

I don't know what do you mean with initial state but I know. If you have a student permit you can only work inside the campus where u are studying. After six months of classes you can apply for an out-campus work permit.

In terms of accommodation. The rents in SK for an apartment with one room, one washroom, a kitchen and a living room are around 600 to 700 a months. So, is better if you find a room mate or someone to live with you.
hello chimbombo...i have applied for siast and have got LOA too.....whats the education experience at SIAST.....please respond...thanks