Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
Hi guys.. Im starting my application for pr now but i dont know which way to go.. Im working as spervisor now for more than a year under noc 6212.i dont have any managerial experience back home.. When i got to canada back in 2009 i worked as food counter attendant until i got promoted as a supervisor in a fastfood where im working... Now im confuse if i will apply under fsw with arrange employment with my current employer because my employer said he will provide all the necessary letter to help me with my application or shud i go with cec because i dont have experience as supervisor back home.....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jomarcabiles said:
Hi guys.. Im starting my application for pr now but i dont know which way to go.. Im working as spervisor now for more than a year under noc 6212.i dont have any managerial experience back home.. When i got to canada back in 2009 i worked as food counter attendant until i got promoted as a supervisor in a fastfood where im working... Now im confuse if i will apply under fsw with arrange employment with my current employer because my employer said he will provide all the necessary letter to help me with my application or shud i go with cec because i dont have experience as supervisor back home.....
CEC requires 2 years of experience (at the moment) unless you earned a degree in Canada and meet the requirements of the post-graduate stream. There is a change planned for January 2013 to reduce that requirement to one year, but unless/until that happens, the current requirement is 2 years of work. So you would have to wait to apply through CEC...

The challenge of the FSW/arranged employment program is that you are required to remain employed (with proper work permits) throughout the entire processing time. A lot can happen in that time; if you stopped working for that employer, your FSW application would immediately become invalid.

If you can wait until January, CEC would be the better option - simpler application, faster processing, and once you qualify, you qualify - there are no further requirements to fulfill (other than maintaining your status in Canada or leaving before it expires...).

Another option would be to look into the PNP program for the province in which you work -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
Thanx for the advice jes_on..but right now im still weighing thi gs out.you are right a lot of things might happen while my pr is on process thru fsw..