+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Showing proof of strong home ties

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
Hello.

I have previously applied for a TRV but got rejected and will be reapplying again. I made mistake in the first one and had not included a cover letter as well because I didn't think it would be of much help.

One part of my cover letter will talk about my family and especially as I am the eldest daughter (26) with a very young brother (8 y.o) who is still in school and then I'll write about how I help my mom (single mother) in looking after him and that I have a very strong bond with him. I will then attach photos of my family especially of my little brother and I (8 photos in 2 one-sided pages).

The rest are documents of land title, bank account, car registration, etc.

Any thoughts? Would it be an overkill or is it a decent idea?

Take care people

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
how long are you applying for a TRV for?

Since your mom and brother are not your dependants, i don't think that would be considered a strong enough tie to CIC. For the most part, and from my experience, they want to see lease/mortgage information, recent paystubs or a work contract...
they consider these "stronger" ties because apparently most people can leave family eaiser than housing and work.

souzaco

Feb 13, 2014
Hello.

Thanks for the reply :)

The purpose is for tourism (tour package). It will be a 7 days 6 nights tour visiting places such as Vancouver, Victoria and Tofino. My mom and I will be going on a tour together but I've seen cases where the child got refused but the parent was successful in their TRV application.

I got rejected because of several reasons in the first one. - travel history, purpose of visit, limited employment prospect, current employment, personal assets and not satisfied for funds.

I have replied to all that the embassy was not satisfied with but I did my readings and most of them says that the no.1 reason for refusal was failure to prove strong ties to home country. In my re-application I will be including - land title, car title, business plan, ticket itinerary, complete tour itinerary with details of excursions that we will be going as provided by tour Agent.

I hope to reapply straight away but I won't submit anything until I am fully satisfied that I have responded to all that the embassy has deemed unsatisfactory.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mom and I will be going on a tour together but I've seen cases where the child got refused but the parent was successful in their TRV application.
So THIS time you are going with mother?

travel history, purpose of visit,
Have you been in any other countries as US, UK, got Schengen visa? If not- they WHY Canada suddenly?

limited employment prospect, current employment,
Are you working? Is it a good job with a good salary? Good career perspectives?

personal assets and not satisfied for funds[
Car, land in possession mean nothing for visa purposes. Good job IS a strong tie.

How much funds did you show? For how long a trip?