+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SHOW MONEY NEEDED FOR FILIPINO STUDENT VISA CANADA???

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Hi everyone! I am from the philippines, I'm on the process in gathering information before I apply for my student permit.

I am a nurse wanting for a year of study in Niagara College?
Tution fee cost is 13,000 CAN, how much do I need to present to the embassy for my application? Should it be in canadian dollars? I dont have a dollar account.

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should show the equivalent of $25K CAD (it doesn't have to be in Canadian dollars). The $25K will cover first year tuition + $10K living expenses + travel expenses.

abdulrahman040

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
albert_dec1387 said:
Hi everyone! I am from the philippines, I'm on the process in gathering information before I apply for my student permit.

I am a nurse wanting for a year of study in Niagara College?
Tution fee cost is 13,000 CAN, how much do I need to present to the embassy for my application? Should it be in canadian dollars? I dont have a dollar account.

Thank you in advance!
You need to show 1 year fee + CAD $10,000 for living expenses i.e total (13k + 10k = 23k).
So total of CAD $23,000 must be shown by you. You can show this amount in your own home country currency by taking loan, OR a bank balance of 6 months old, equivalent to 820,000 Philippine Paiso.

You can also show the said amount in you father's or husband's bank statement by taking an affidavit of support from them..

Additional to this you must also JUST SHOW strong home ties that your you OR your parents OR your husband have this much of property/land/business to demonstrate your level of establishment in your home country.

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
scylla said:
You should show the equivalent of $25K CAD (it doesn't have to be in Canadian dollars). The $25K will cover first year tuition + $10K living expenses + travel expenses.
Thank you Scyla. Much appreciated!

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
abdulrahman040 said:
You need to show 1 year fee + CAD $10,000 for living expenses i.e total (13k + 10k = 23k).
So total of CAD $23,000 must be shown by you. You can show this amount in your own home country currency by taking loan, OR a bank balance of 6 months old, equivalent to 820,000 Philippine Paiso.

You can also show the said amount in you father's or husband's bank statement by taking an affidavit of support from them..

Additional to this you must also JUST SHOW strong home ties that your you OR your parents OR your husband have this much of property/land/business to demonstrate your level of establishment in your home country.
Thank you Abdulrahman.

Regarding Strong Home ties, I am single, I am currently working here as Riyadh (turning 2 years), My mom and dad in the philippines, my mother's family in ontario. What do you think about my situation? will they possibly see strong home ties in my situation? im worried

abdulrahman040

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
albert_dec1387 said:
Thank you Abdulrahman.

Regarding Strong Home ties, I am single, I am currently working here as Riyadh (turning 2 years), My mom and dad in the philippines, my mother's family in ontario. What do you think about my situation? will they possibly see strong home ties in my situation? im worried
If you are in Riyadh you can show your bank statement in Riyals equivalent to SR 64,000. Regarding home ties you mention in your sop in a convincing manner that after your education you will go to Philippine and start a nursing home with an advance diploma or work back again in Gulf with better opportunity after studies in Canada.

Possibly show your mom and dad's property in Philippine if they have any

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
abdulrahman040 said:
If you are in Riyadh you can show your bank statement in Riyals equivalent to SR 64,000. Regarding home ties you mention in your sop in a convincing manner that after your education you will go to Philippine and start a nursing home with an advance diploma or work back again in Gulf with better opportunity after studies in Canada.

Possibly show your mom and dad's property in Philippine if they have any
I will, thanks abdulrahman. Do i need to be with an agency? will i have better chances if i get a student visa consultant?

abdulrahman040

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
albert_dec1387 said:
I will, thanks abdulrahman. Do i need to be with an agency? will i have better chances if i get a student visa consultant?
Go through ICCRC approved agents or other agents who do for free or very minimum charge.

If they are asking for huge amount then leave it. Do by ur self

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Hi Scylla,

Please how about if i want to study a 2 year program, which cost is $11,400 per year, so what should be the total amount that i have to show to guarantee the study visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lorerodri said:
Hi Scylla,

Please how about if i want to study a 2 year program, which cost is $11,400 per year, so what should be the total amount that i have to show to guarantee the study visa?
$25K is about right.

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
$25K is about right.
Thanks Scylla,

So second year fees+expenses are not taken into consideration?

albert_dec1387

Star Member
May 19, 2013
abdulrahman040 said:

Thank you abdulrahman! Very informative! are you on student visa?

May 1, 2019

Hi! I'm going to apply for a student Visa soon. I just would like to ask which among 2 ways of showing funds is the most effective in getting SV approved? Is it thru SDS? Or thru show money + LOA? The problem with SDS is that if the SV won't be granted, refunding would be tedious, since you've opened an account of 10k CAD with Scotia bank plus you've paid the tuition in full. Approx 1M of prior investment without getting an assurance of SV approval. Very risky right? Also, I didn't see any share of successful share of SV. Mostly here are waiting. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance for you inputs!

Ysthyr

May 3, 2021
Hi everyone! Regarding the proof of funds, if someone willing to lend me money and deposited money on my account, would that be okay? Or it will be better if she will have an affidavit of support and show her bank statement?