+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should we submit SP+SOWP application?

Kunkka

Mar 27, 2024
Hello,

I tried to look in the forum but I can't find the one similar to my situation yet.
Our situation is below:
  • This is for the September 2024 intake, and as we are foreign working professionals residing in SG thus we are attempting to submit our application from the Canada Visa Office in SG
  • Trying to apply together Study Permit(main applicant) + Common-Law Open Work Permit(SOWP)
  • Open GCKey account under Study Permit (main applicant) to submit for both applications but still haven't submitted yet so far
  • we put "no" to the question "have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician within the last 12 months"
  • For Study Permit(main applicant)
    • All documents are ready including Police Clearance
    • Done upfront Medical Checkup(Got email from clinic which showed as "Completed" which includes "IME/UMI numbers" but no UCI number)
    • is this medical report document which shows "completed" from clinic enough to upload ?
  • For SOWP:
    • All documents are ready to be submitted expect medical report
    • Medical Checkup was finished but required additional test(received instruction from IRCC with UCI number)
    • Additional medical test will take 2-3 months to be completed which is unavoidable
    • 2nd medical result could likely be available around July or early August 2024
  • So our main concerns are
    • Should we submit "SP+SOWP (without the second medical report)" first now?
    • If we submit now, will IRCC process and approve SP first and wait medical report for SOWP and process later?
    • Or could it affect and cause a delay for SP?
    • Or should we wait medical report for SOWP to be completed and then submit?
It would be great if you could please kindly suggest.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thank you so much for your time.

Thanks for your help.
Warm regards,
Kunkka