+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should we return to canada WWYD? comments wellcomed

vannia

Oct 18, 2012
We landed at YVR during the summer but returned to our home country about a week later, we where not prepared to stay.

A job opportunity has become available in Victoria, BC for my husband, he has a good job here, we are in a comfortable position raising three children agres 9,7 1. MY husband also has a small business, if we where to leave for Canada it could be taken care of by his family ( but would not thrive )..

We dont know if we should apply and build residency time ( maybe enough for citizenship),
but because we're in such a comfortable position, (our 7 an 9 year olds in private schools, and I stay at home )

what benefits do you see if we do go back to Canada ( specially for the children )
what would you recommend??

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vannia said:
what benefits do you see if we do go back to Canada ( specially for the children )
what would you recommend??
If your life is great where you are, there may not be any benefits for you to return to Canada except in order to keep the residency requirements of course.

You will have to complete 2/5 years in order to meet your residency obligation. You can think about it again in 3 years when it is your last chance to go but it is not certain that your husband will still have a job offer at that point. However, if you are happy where you are and still are in 3 years, you may not care too much if you keep your PR. Your children will still have a 2nd chance when they are grown. If they want to study in Canada for example, they would be able to apply for PR travel documents, state that they were removed from Canada as minors and want to return as adults. They would have a good chance of reviving their PR's if they so wish, as long as they do not wait too long after reaching the age of majority.

vannia

Oct 18, 2012
Thank you Leo, i had not tought about them applying themselves, it is something to consider..