+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should we apply for extension ?

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! My husband is a visitor and he suppose to leave the country on mid june however, i have sent the documents for his sponsorship and they were delivered today to the cic office What should i do? Thank you!

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
It's generally a good idea to do so in case the application is returned due to an error on your part.
What can happen if i dont and they return it for some reason or if they take more time to process the application ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What can happen if i dont and they return it for some reason or if they take more time to process the application ?
If you applied for OWP in the application, and they return it, you may not be eligible to re-apply for OWP as you must be in status to be eligible for the OWP.

If you fall out of status while the application is processing, you'll want to not leave Canada, as you may not be re-admitted. It's typically not a significant issue if you fall out of status during the process, but in case you interact with IRCC/CBSA in some way, it's probably a good idea to be ready to answer questions.