+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should resume match the one I used to apply for my current job?

Nayak16

May 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have received ITA for Employer Job Offer: Intl Student Stream.
All my papers are in order but I am afraid because like most people I too have lied a bit on my resume while applying for this job.
My question is, is there a chance IRCC can communicate with my company without me in the loop and somehow they share my actual resume with my company who believes I worked at so and so company and have so and so years of experience?
I would rather not have PR and keep the job than lose it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

All my papers are in order but I am afraid because like most people I too have lied a bit on my resume while applying for this job.
My question is, is there a chance IRCC can communicate with my company without me in the loop and somehow they share my actual resume with my company who believes I worked at so and so company and have so and so years of experience?

IRCC can verify the info directlywill not be aware of it until and unless you receive an answer. Your only option is to wait since you have already applied

Nayak16

May 24, 2023
IRCC can verify the info directlywill not be aware of it until and unless you receive an answer. Your only option is to wait since you have already applied
Hello, thank you for replying. I haven’t applied yet. I have received an ITA and I have all my documents ready. Please advice on whether or not will it be a problem because my IRCC resume will not match the one my company has on file.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

No. People usually DO NOT lie on their resume.

If your resume/work experience to IRCC is correct, they would only verify with the employers listed in your forms.

Unlikely that they will send your application information to your current employer.

Well, if in any way your employer found out that you lied about your job experience, they could fire you. Good luck.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, thank you for replying. I haven’t applied yet. I have received an ITA and I have all my documents ready. Please advice on whether or not will it be a problem because my IRCC resume will not match the one my company has on file.
Simple advise- don't lie.
You are in an assumption people don't lie and if they do hence the delay and bans.

Nayak16

May 24, 2023
No. People usually DO NOT lie on their resume.

If your resume/work experience to IRCC is correct, they would only verify with the employers listed in your forms.

Unlikely that they will send your application information to your current employer.

Well, if in any way your employer found out that you lied about your job experience, they could fire you. Good luck.
Haha if you think people don’t lie on their resumes you must be either too old or unemployed. In today's job market nobody hires anyone without 5+ years of experience. I was ready to work for free (intern/volunteer) and still nobody would take me. Everyone I know who has a good enough job is either 30+ or has lied in some sort on their resumes.
But thanks for your reply.

Nayak16

May 24, 2023
Simple advise- don't lie.
You are in an assumption people don't lie and if they do hence the delay and bans.
I’m not going to lie to IRCC, everything there is absolutely true. The only place where I was untruthful is when I applied to my current company. Just to be clear again: Not lying to IRCC.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Haha if you think people don’t lie on their resumes you must be either too old or unemployed. In today's job market nobody hires anyone without 5+ years of experience. I was ready to work for free (intern/volunteer) and still nobody would take me. Everyone I know who has a good enough job is either 30+ or has lied in some sort on their resumes.
But thanks for your reply.
Good to know. Next time I hire/interview someone of "your age", I will call all of their previous employers/references.

btw we do hire coops with NO experience and some of them get re-hired as full time after they graduated.

What the world has come down to. :(

Reactions: Taran D