Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hello,

Do we have to valuate the property for visitor visa or simply the property documents are enough?

@Bryanna , Always in need of your words of wisdom

thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,

Do we have to valuate the property for visitor visa or simply the property documents are enough?

@Bryanna , Always in need of your words of wisdom

thank you.
The property ownership documents state the purchase amount, whereas the current indicative market value of the property could be much higher. This indicative market value would make the property a more financially valuable asset to return home to = Stronger tie

The applicant can do a self valuation + back the 'assessed' value with excerpts from realty reports, or property portals, etc for similar properties in the neighborhood

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Thank you guys. That was helpful :)

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Another question pls.
I had earlier invited my parents on supervisa and they completed their stay that we mentioned in invitation letter that they're coming in summer and will leave before winters.

This time I'm inviting my mother in law but on visitor visa - as she can't stay for more than 4 weeks.

firstly, my wife doesn't work and I do - so who should write the invitation letter and sign? Shall I do because I'm working - or wife because her mom is coming? or shall wife write and we both sign?

secondly, shall I mention the fact that my parents (i.e. wife will write that her parents in law) came and left Canada as it was mentioned in the invitation letter last year.

Thank you so much :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
firstly, my wife doesn't work and I do - so who should write the invitation letter and sign? Shall I do because I'm working - or wife because her mom is coming? or shall wife write and we both sign?
It would be best to co-sign the invitation letter + include copies of your marriage certificate, your bank statements, your NOA, etc.

secondly, shall I mention the fact that my parents (i.e. wife will write that her parents in law) came and left Canada as it was mentioned in the invitation letter last year.
There's no need to mention about your parents' super visa application because your mom-in-law is applying for a TRV

Reactions: Guiders

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
It would be best to co-sign the invitation letter + include copies of your marriage certificate, your bank statements, your NOA, etc.

There's no need to mention about your parents' super visa application because your mom-in-law is applying for a TRV
Thank you, Bryanna.

I've recently bought a property and bank statement just shows the salary I'm getting - not a lot of savings as that all went in downpayment lol.
Do you think not attaching a bank statement would suffice? like, just payslips and NOA + T4 ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you, Bryanna.

I've recently bought a property and bank statement just shows the salary I'm getting - not a lot of savings as that all went in downpayment lol.
Do you think not attaching a bank statement would suffice? like, just payslips and NOA + T4 ?
I recommend including the bank statement. That said, the focus will be on your mom-in-law's financial situation, not yours as such

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
I recommend including the bank statement. That said, the focus will be on your mom-in-law's financial situation, not yours as such
yup, she will include her for sure - I'll try to show my wife's investment in RESP in this case and few cents that I'm left with in my account :)

thanks again, Bryanna

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
The property ownership documents state the purchase amount, whereas the current indicative market value of the property could be much higher. This indicative market value would make the property a more financially valuable asset to return home to = Stronger tie

The applicant can do a self valuation + back the 'assessed' value with excerpts from realty reports, or property portals, etc for similar properties in the neighborhood
@Bryanna so you mean took report from property portal site and make valuation? here in Pakistan issue is official value always 400% lower then actual value lol so what can be done in that case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna so you mean took report from property portal site and make valuation?
That's if someone wants to do a property valuation on his/her own. The property prices for similar properties in the neighborhood will only provide an indicate market value. Key word here: 'indicative'.

Generally, no two properties will be assessed at the same value. Even two adjacent properties might be valued differently depending on various factors.

here in Pakistan issue is official value always 400% lower then actual value lol so what can be done in that case?
Government valuations are probably lower because they like to factor in property depreciation after X years. It's good in a way: You pay lower property taxes LOL

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hi @Bryanna

There's a slight change in the reason for invitation and i.e. earlier reason was a general visit of my mother in law + pregnancy of my wife but we weren't mentioning about pregnancy. however, there are some complications and our doctor suggested that we should have someone as a moral support. Doctor can provide a letter stating high risk pregnancy etc. Do you think we should mention this in the letter and should we attach that letter?

or will it be considered an illegal work?

i earlier read in one of the post that you'd suggested not to mention about pregnancy.

also, should my mother in law show bank statement or bank draft in Canadian Dollars or both?

thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna

There's a slight change in the reason for invitation and i.e. earlier reason was a general visit of my mother in law + pregnancy of my wife but we weren't mentioning about pregnancy. however, there are some complications and our doctor suggested that we should have someone as a moral support. Doctor can provide a letter stating high risk pregnancy etc. Do you think we should mention this in the letter and should we attach that letter?

or will it be considered an illegal work?
Not sure why some people believe that stating pregnancy as a purpose of visit backed with letters from doctors about the complications, moral support et al would work for visas. But, they don't realize this is not their home country nor their home culture.

Moral support? Makes no sense. The immediate family that a pregnant woman is living with or her local 'world' can provide moral support. Or her parents can provide long-distance, over-the-phone moral support.

It's funny that these doctors even have ready templates to issue these letters for wanting moral support to anyone/everyone who asks. Would IRCC consider these letters seriously as these doctors state that every pregnancy is difficult in their template?

Also stating it is a 'difficult' pregnancy could imply difficult birth and maybe complications in the newborn.... basically, a stay of indeterminate length = potential overstayer

also, should my mother in law show bank statement or bank draft in Canadian Dollars or both?
Not required. You can use an online currency conversion tool to state any amounts in both CAD and her local currency

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Not sure why some people believe that stating pregnancy as a purpose of visit backed with letters from doctors about the complications, moral support et al would work for visas. But, they don't realize this is not their home country nor their home culture.

Moral support? Makes no sense. The immediate family that a pregnant woman is living with or her local 'world' can provide moral support. Or her parents can provide long-distance, over-the-phone moral support.

It's funny that these doctors even have ready templates to issue these letters for wanting moral support to anyone/everyone who asks. Would IRCC consider these letters seriously as these doctors state that every pregnancy is difficult in their template?

Also stating it is a 'difficult' pregnancy could imply difficult birth and maybe complications in the newborn.... basically, a stay of indeterminate length = potential overstayer

Not required. You can use an online currency conversion tool to state any amounts in both CAD and her local currency
That's exactly why I didn't mention pregnancy in the letter earlier, however when we came across this situation and wife was depressed - that's when doctor suggested to have someone here. And yeah, you're right about the template stuff.

thanks again!

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
That's if someone wants to do a property valuation on his/her own. The property prices for similar properties in the neighborhood will only provide an indicate market value. Key word here: 'indicative'.

Generally, no two properties will be assessed at the same value. Even two adjacent properties might be valued differently depending on various factors.

Government valuations are probably lower because they like to factor in property depreciation after X years. It's good in a way: You pay lower property taxes LOL
@Bryanna what to do in that situation like gov valuation rates are low market value is high so in that case show the updated gov values or DOES Embassies aware about the rates etc about any country? or need to take several screen shots and submit as a proof LOL just a question which obviously can help in future haha