+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should Personal History include short(two weeks) travels during employment period?

joe112244

Mar 31, 2020
Sorry, I know this question was raised a hundred times here but it's not clear enough, please advise.

1) Should Personal History include travels during the employment period?
2) If it should, Is it ok to indicate it this way: working company A - a week-long Travelling - working company A (if I was employed during that week trip but was on vacation)

3) Should Personal History include travels during the UNemployment period?

4) And should I include a week of unemployment period (after leaving one company and start working in another)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry, I know this question was raised a hundred times here but it's not clear enough, please advise.
Could you clarify which form you are completing?

Assuming you are referring to IMM5669 - my vote would be mostly no on above.

There is a section on activity - employment and other. That does not remotely imply you need to specify physical location for a short personal trip.

Addresses: it says places where you have lived. Likewise, to me that does not imply including short trips.

Short unemployment: the form requires only months to be included for activity/employment. Meaning, gaps of less than one month are not relevant. (If they do require accounting by day, well, then do that)

Important note: there may be other docs/forms where TRAVEL HISTORY is required. That's where you'd include travel history, including shorter trips if required, in as much detail as the form requires (may vary by country of PA.)

Last edited:
Reactions: joe112244

joe112244

Mar 31, 2020
Could you clarify which form you are completing?

Assuming you are referring to IMM5669 - my vote would be mostly no on above.

There is a section on activity - employment and other. That does not remotely imply you need to specify physical location for a short personal trip.

Addresses: it says places where you have lived. Likewise, to me that does not imply including short trips.

Short unemployment: the form requires only months to be included for activity/employment. Meaning, gaps of less than one month are not relevant. (If they do require accounting by day, well, then do that)

Important note: there may be other docs/forms where TRAVEL HISTORY is required. That's where you'd include travel history, including shorter trips if required, in as much detail as the form requires (may vary by country of PA.)
Yes, sorry, forgot to add it's IMM5669. Yes, there is Travel History form as well. Thank you for your help)