+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should/must I decline my ITA?

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am at the stage of gathering documents for my e-APR, and have noticed some "errors"/discrepancies that were in my Express Entry profile, and wondered if it would be mandatory for me to decline my ITA and update/or create a new EE profile and wait it out again in the pool for (hopefully) another ITA?

1) In the Immigration history section, there is a question which asks "Has [first name] [last name] applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?".

A few months ago, when creating my first Express Entry profile I did not see that there was a link to click on in the profile to show an unread message (instructing to create a Job Bank profile). As a result after around a month, my profile became ineligible because of this, and I had to create a new one.
So with the new EE profile, I mistakenly answered yes to the above question. It was not till after accepting my ITA, and looking at the "Application type" column, that I realized that I have not actually applied for PR before, only Express Entry.

I seem to be able to still change this answer to "No" in my Permanent Residence profile/application, so hope this would be a non-issue for CIC?

2) I only recently became aware that as a CEC-stream applicant, I wouldn't be required to show proof of funds.

So after learning this and spending a portion of my savings, I wondered if I could just change the figure from $12,xxx, to just 0 without having to go back to the pool or getting grilled on why I say I am now bringing zero dollars?

3) Lastly, after requesting one of my letters of reference for foreign work experience, I realized that I had got my dates of employment wrong in my EE profile.

I had actually left the particular company one month sooner than I had thought. Also, I had worked as a temp in the same role for 3-4 months before being offered a permanent full-time role, and had included this temp time in my overall period of employment.

This ultimately means that, instead of, say, 4 and a half years in the role, I would have actually only had ~4 years and 2 months. I am hoping that I can just change the start and end dates in my PR profile, and that if need be, this mix-up can be explained by way of an LOE? Having to decline my ITA and re-enter the pool to correct this mistake in particular would really suck, as I don't even think they even award points for partial years?

Any clarification would be most welcome.

Cheers!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1) Change it to no and include an LoE explaining the situation. No need to decline ITA.

2) Doesn't matter really. You don't have to show proof of funds, but I doubt they're going to hold it against you if you do. No need to decline ITA.

3) If this change reduces your CRS points to below the minimum score for that draw, you have to decline. Otherwise you do not have to decline the ITA. Explain it in the LoE.

Reactions: CanuckedUp

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
A big thank you to @DelPiero07 and @mgnlky for your valuable feedback! :)

I will indeed explain my errors by way of LOE, where needed/advised.

Factoring in the removal of a few months for the situation with my last job before coming to Canada, it seems that my Foreign Work Experience Score (as well as overall CRS) remains unchanged, thankfully!

Many thanks again for the insight! :)

Cheers!

folk321

Feb 23, 2018
A big thank you to @DelPiero07 and @mgnlky for your valuable feedback! :)

I will indeed explain my errors by way of LOE, where needed/advised.

Factoring in the removal of a few months for the situation with my last job before coming to Canada, it seems that my Foreign Work Experience Score (as well as overall CRS) remains unchanged, thankfully!

Many thanks again for the insight! :)

Cheers!
Hello Mate,
I am in a similar situation like you. I have received the ITA but noticed that I had made couple of mistakes in my EE profile, but those mistakes are not effecting my CRS points. Did you mention in the LOE about the mistakes that u had done in ur EE profile?? or u declined the ITA and edited the ee profile?? if you have submitted the LOE then what was the result of it.... Please share.

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
Hello Mate,
I am in a similar situation like you. I have received the ITA but noticed that I had made couple of mistakes in my EE profile, but those mistakes are not effecting my CRS points. Did you mention in the LOE about the mistakes that u had done in ur EE profile?? or u declined the ITA and edited the ee profile?? if you have submitted the LOE then what was the result of it.... Please share.
Hi @folk321,

Yes, that's correct. As there was no impact on my CRS points, I just added an LOE briefly but clearly explaining the errors I had originally made.

I wasn't contacted and asked to further clarify anything mentioned in the LOE, so I can only assume that my explanations were okay.

Hope that's of some help mate, and congrats on getting your ITA.

Cheers!

folk321

Feb 23, 2018
Hi @folk321,

Yes, that's correct. As there was no impact on my CRS points, I just added an LOE briefly but clearly explaining the errors I had originally made.

I wasn't contacted and asked to further clarify anything mentioned in the LOE, so I can only assume that my explanations were okay.

Hope that's of some help mate, and congrats on getting your ITA.

Cheers!
Hello Mate,
Thank you for a reply. In my EE profile (which is locked now), for the question
Q1) "Have you applied for IRCC before?"
I have selected YES. (Actually I was suppose to answer NO for this as I never applied for IRCC before, but by selecting NO, the below two questions were not appearing, thats why I selected YES for this question.)
Q2) Have you applied for Express entry before?
I have answered YES. (I misunderstood this question as I had an expired EE profile which was just in the pool, I did not get a nomination on it but since the profile was in the pool once, so I thought EE profile being in the pool is equivalent to applying for Express entry)
Q3) Have you got a Express entry profile number?
I have entered the number E00XXXXX. (This was my expired EE application number).
I guess u too had the same issue as mentioned above. U got ur PR??? Was it a straight forward process after LOE or were u asked for anything else like Additional documents request from CIC???

Kind Regards.

CanuckedUp

Jul 19, 2017
Hello Mate,
Thank you for a reply. In my EE profile (which is locked now), for the question
Q1) "Have you applied for IRCC before?"
I have selected YES. (Actually I was suppose to answer NO for this as I never applied for IRCC before, but by selecting NO, the below two questions were not appearing, thats why I selected YES for this question.)
Q2) Have you applied for Express entry before?
I have answered YES. (I misunderstood this question as I had an expired EE profile which was just in the pool, I did not get a nomination on it but since the profile was in the pool once, so I thought EE profile being in the pool is equivalent to applying for Express entry)
Q3) Have you got a Express entry profile number?
I have entered the number E00XXXXX. (This was my expired EE application number).
I guess u too had the same issue as mentioned above. U got ur PR??? Was it a straight forward process after LOE or were u asked for anything else like Additional documents request from CIC???

Kind Regards.
Hi @folk321,

Yeah, same issues I think.

Nope, I think there is maybe a huge backlog of applications or something, as I still don't actually have mine finalized yet.

I did have an additional document request at one point, but if I remember rightly it wasn't related to anything from my LOE.

Cheers!