+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should medical exam be valid upon arrival?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I've received my approval already and now waiting to receive my passport. My medical exam will expire on Dec18, will it be okay to arrive to Canada with an expired medical exam? or should it still be valid?

Pkt1998

Oct 28, 2018
I had the same question, my medicals will expire on Dec 23, and i’m yet to receive the ppr. So i’m confused shall i retake the medical exam or not! Even if I receive the ppr before medicals expire, i will have to retake it right? For travelling. And i then have to update it to ircc about this new exam i took right?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I had the same question, my medicals will expire on Dec 23, and i’m yet to receive the ppr. So i’m confused shall i retake the medical exam or not! Even if I receive the ppr before medicals expire, i will have to retake it right? For travelling. And i then have to update it to ircc about this new exam i took right?
I also asked this to ircc, but i didnt receive any reply. i want to know too how long itll take before my results will be updated if i repeat it again

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Thank you. Are you in Canada now? did cbsa check your medical docs?
No still waiting for decision on my visa. To be on the safe side you should contact IRCC and verify the same at the earliest. Even better would be to retake your medical if you're planning to travel soon.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
guys why on earth would you think is medicals have to be valid when you land?
its not written anywhere why will you dream up this doubt?
No one's dreaming bro. Read.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#long

The below mentioned is an excerpt from cic's website. I may be wrong but that's what I deduced from what's written.

Q) How long your medical results are good for?
A) Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only.
If you don’t come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker within that time, you may need to do another exam.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
panel physicians aren't sitti

it is saying visitor too but if u know any visitor who has visited they don;t need a medical exam.
see the last webinar. they have said something about medical exams.
but ofcourse if you want to waste money go ahead and give it. sorry!
Yes, this will likely not cause an issue. That doesn't mean it cannot since that's what they've stated on their website. That's why I also said please confirm it with IRCC. Also when we are spending money like water for the whole process, spending a few more bucks won't hurt if it keeps you out of last-minute hassles. No need to get cranky, we are all here to discuss and clear our doubts.

Reactions: arkylz and ShaUCan

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
No one's dreaming bro. Read.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#long

The below mentioned is an excerpt from cic's website. I may be wrong but that's what I deduced from what's written.

Q) How long your medical results are good for?
A) Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only.
If you don’t come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker within that time, you may need to do another exam.
That “may” instead of “must” indicates that it might be only for specific cases. Anyway from my personal experience, they don’t ask for your medical reports at the PoE.