+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should June Applicants from India consider Deferment?

Anujtyagi15

Jun 6, 2022
Hey, I applied for student visa in SDS stream from India on 9th of June and my biometrics were completed and updated in Gckey on 15th June 2022. No updates since and I have to start my session from 6th of Sept. I do not see many SDS June applicants from India receiving a decision against their applications. So should I consider deferment or should I wait for a little longer? Please Help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey, I applied for student visa in SDS stream from India on 9th of June and my biometrics were completed and updated in Gckey on 15th June 2022. No updates since and I have to start my session from 6th of Sept. I do not see many SDS June applicants from India receiving a decision against their applications. So should I consider deferment or should I wait for a little longer? Please Help.
Has your application started the eligibility review process? You could wait until the deadline for deferment from the school. You could wait another week and the consider deferring.

Ayb123

Aug 11, 2022
Category........
STUDY
Same situation here ...applied on June 17th Sds given bio on june24. Medical passed on first week of July. Afterwards, no response..
I will consider differment by end of this month as classes starts on 6th September. However, Whether true or not I've heard that ircc would consider all June applications within 31st August.

Anujtyagi15

Jun 6, 2022
Same situation here ...applied on June 17th Sds given bio on june24. Medical passed on first week of July. Afterwards, no response..
I will consider differment by end of this month as classes starts on 6th September. However, Whether true or not I've heard that ircc would consider all June applications within 31st August.
Are you from India?
if yes, what is your application serial number? Mine is S3049*****

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Look at your college's deferral policies - you can probably request deferral on 30th or 31st August. Wait till then - you might get lucky.

Tanvi_09

Aug 8, 2022
I have already deferred.

My timeline:

SDS fresh file from India
Submission date- 8th June
Biometric updated- 14th June
Medicals done on 24th May- not updated on the portal yet. I have raised a webform to ask about my medicals some 15 days ago. No reply. No update.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I don't know why you'd defer this early unless perhaps your program is also available in January and you want to now aim for that. Otherwise, just wait till the last moment. The college/university is obliged to grant your refund or deferral even if it's made just 1 hour before the deadline.

Anujtyagi15

Jun 6, 2022
I don't know why you'd defer this early unless perhaps your program is also available in January and you want to now aim for that. Otherwise, just wait till the last moment. The college/university is obliged to grant your refund or deferral even if it's made just 1 hour before the deadline.
I am just worried that if I do not defer in time the january admissions might close and I'll have to wait till May.

Tanvi_09

Aug 8, 2022
My Uni does offer the Jan intake. And contrary to what you said, the deadline to get a deferral was one month before the progam started which meant I've had to have my deferral decision by 7th August as the fall semester starts on 7th September. I am doing this via an education loan and I have to show my deferral to the bank as well.

As for the refund, I have no intention of withdrawing my admission and reapplying again.