+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should Indians be treated Special compared to other Nationalities ????

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
A poster has raised the issue that Canadian High Commisions or Embassies red flag or give special scrutiny to countries like the Philippines,India and China with a high percentage of fake diplomas giving extra hard scrutiny to diplomas from those countries.Having already contacted 4 Filipinos and 7 Chinese,They did not see this as racist because they feel that it is legitemate considering the high percentage of Fake diplomas in their home countries.However a poster feels this is racist against Indians for them to prove the legitemacy of their diplomas.What do you think,Should Indians be exempt while Chinese and Filipinos undergo scrutiny???Post what you think

harprtsingh

Dec 3, 2008
PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-DEC-2009
Doc's Request.
06-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
10-APR-2010
File Transfer...
10-MAR-2010
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPING TO GET WAIVED OFF
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi...I am totally agree with you...here in India we have fake diplomas,there are incidence that High school passout has a Graduate/Qualified Nurse degree.............

But such kind of people affects the chances of High Qualified and deserving people..........So what you say on this................

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
Although they have every right to learn the truth, I don't trust any immigration official with the job of evaluating the ligitimacy of a diploma.
why not give this job to ece.org or other organizations to find out?

best wishes

Canadastan

PS : BCguy and gurus , need your insight on my situation, got reply from Sydney, if you haven't seen my post please go to:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rupeshhari-ciu-sydney-ns-reply-and-issues-t14023.0.html

thanks

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
I have replied in that post my views. But to repeat the main point I quote it here again.
"But above all one has to stop finger pointing CIC for what they have done for you are not an exception. Many would have gone through the similar situation before and many will in future. It is the right of the host (CIC) to choose to whom (applicants) to allow to enter so that the condition inside his house do not get deteriorated."
Now as far as the legitamacy of CIC to verify compared to ece.org or anyother body, one should remeber that CIC is not attesting your degree but only verifying its authenticity.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aurobind said:
I have replied in that post my views. But to repeat the main point I quote it here again.
"But above all one has to stop finger pointing CIC for what they have done for you are not an exception. Many would have gone through the similar situation before and many will in future. It is the right of the host (CIC) to choose to whom (applicants) to allow to enter so that the condition inside his house do not get deteriorated."
Now as far as the legitamacy of CIC to verify compared to ece.org or anyother body, one should remeber that CIC is not attesting your degree but only verifying its authenticity.
Hi,

With due regards for seniors, in my opinion all fingers are not equal. If few people from a particular country are producing fake degrees/diplomas the honest and genuine persons should not suffer. CHC should evolve a mechanism or depute some agency to verify the authenticity of the certificates rather than asking minute questions. Mostly the certificates are verified and counter-verified by Govt. agencies. CHC should respect these agencies. If they have some doubts about the authenticity of certificates they can verify the same from Govt. Departments of that particular country. By this way nobody's sentiments will be hurt and nobody will feel discriminated.

Cheers...

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
You find one rotten apple in the basket. Are'nt you going to check whether any of the other apples in the basket are rotten or not?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreverwaiting said:
You find one rotten apple in the basket. Are'nt you going to check whether any of the other apples in the basket are rotten or not?
Hi foreverwating,

Perhaps this is the difference between apples and human beings. You have to treat them differently. You cannot do everything blindly, but rationally and with reasoning.

Cheers...

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
foreverwaiting said:
This is exactly what I have against immigration people checking for credentials, how can they check.
What if the indian applicant is a doctor, what does the immigration officer know about medicine?
The original poster was telling indians to be prepared to answer questions on courses they have studied, this is beyond any immigration work.

No issue with verifying though, With all due respect to people from India, the honest people (from India the rest of the world) will be left insulted and demoralized if the cheaters were not caught and were leftto compete with them

regards

Canadastan

A

adnan_hsn

canadastan said:
The original poster was telling indians to be prepared to answer questions on courses they have studied, this is beyond any immigration work.
I think this is very fair for CIC to go any extent to verify credentials and to make sure that an immigrant would be a positive addition to the Canadian society. I fail to understand why someone should be treated differently than others or in other words, treated softly!

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adnan_hsn said:
canadastan said:
I think this is very fair for CIC to go any extent to verify credentials and to make sure that an immigrant would be a positive addition to the Canadian society. I fail to understand why someone should be treated differently than others or in other words, treated softly!
Hi,

every applicant should be treated equally..equally..equally.. irrespective of their home country and not discriminately. If they want to verify the things in such a way it should be mentioned in the instructions and for all not for applicants of some chosen countries.

Cheers...

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
BCguy said:
A poster has raised the issue that Canadian High Commisions or Embassies red flag or give special scrutiny to countries like the Philippines,India and China with a high percentage of fake diplomas giving extra hard scrutiny to diplomas from those countries.Having already contacted 4 Filipinos and 7 Chinese,They did not see this as racist because they feel that it is legitemate considering the high percentage of Fake diplomas in their home countries.However a poster feels this is racist against Indians for them to prove the legitemacy of their diplomas.What do you think,Should Indians be exempt while Chinese and Filipinos undergo scrutiny???Post what you think
I humbly agree that there are many people who have access to fake certificates (In India) provided they have money to buy them. CHC has every right to do its back ground check to ensure that only the legitimate cases get through the immigration. I really don’t know why a few people here are taking offence at this. Having said that, people who are applying also should take more care to prove that the certificates are good/not fake. My sister has gone to the extent of getting the reference letters from her professors and she has also submitted a copy of her dissertation as additional proof. She did the same for the employment proof as well.
I don’t know much about China and Philippines so I would not choose to comment on them.

Also everything cannot be mentioned in the instructions. Time lines given are the proof that it’s going to be a long wait as CHC checks everything diligently. Also how can we expect that every national should be treated equally when it comes to language (I agree with Rupeshhari here)? For example, a British National is bound to know English. And if you take a person coming from a remote part of India, chances are good he wouldn’t know English (Hence the basic IELTS. Don’t tell me that you can survive in Canada without speaking a single word of English).
Let’s accept that it’s a long wait. If anyone feels it’s unfair, there is no reason why they should come to Canada when they don’t like its governing principles itself. Let’s respect the rules and regulations and abide by them if we choose to live in Canada.

Finally, the answer to your question BCguy is NO. Indian’s should NOT be treated Special compared to other Nationalities.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
They need to probe for frauds and check the existence of institution. I would think it is already part of the process.

canada has offices in india who can do the checks or they can outsource this. they get 6 month to do the check so they have ample time if the want to.

Fraud needs to be stopped not just in India but everywhere.

But not sure about special treatment..

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPM said:
BCguy said:
I humbly agree that there are many people who have access to fake certificates (In India) provided they have money to buy them. CHC has every right to do its back ground check to ensure that only the legitimate cases get through the immigration. I really don't know why a few people here are taking offence at this. Having said that, people who are applying also should take more care to prove that the certificates are good/not fake. My sister has gone to the extent of getting the reference letters from her professors and she has also submitted a copy of her dissertation as additional proof. She did the same for the employment proof as well.
I don't know much about China and Philippines so I would not choose to comment on them.

Also everything cannot be mentioned in the instructions. Time lines given are the proof that it's going to be a long wait as CHC checks everything diligently. Also how can we expect that every national should be treated equally when it comes to language (I agree with Rupeshhari here)? For example, a British National is bound to know English. And if you take a person coming from a remote part of India, chances are good he wouldn't know English (Hence the basic IELTS. Don't tell me that you can survive in Canada without speaking a single word of English).
Let's accept that it's a long wait. If anyone feels it's unfair, there is no reason why they should come to Canada when they don't like its governing principles itself. Let's respect the rules and regulations and abide by them if we choose to live in Canada.

Finally, the answer to your question BCguy is NO. Indian's should NOT be treated Special compared to other Nationalities.
Hi,

if they cannot trust certificates issued by Govt. istitutions and re-verified by Govt. agencies why is it so desired and how can they trust reference letters from professors. Equal treatment can be given in so far certificates are concerned and not IELTS. However, they are giving special treatment to Indiana but ... negative. I am not talking about any favours but equal process as far as fake degrees are concerned. I fully agree with ss123 in this regard.

Cheers..