computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I just received my CELPIP scores as follows:

Listening: 10
Reading: 12
Writing: 10
Speaking: 9

With this score, I am getting 471 CRS points according to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.
If I bump my speaking score to 10+, I will get 474 CRS points.

I was wondering whether I should write the test for just 3 more points. I will be applying under CEC btw. The strange part is my speaking section went really well and was expecting the most in it. This was my first attempt at CELPIP so maybe I didn't know the format.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone!

With this score, I am getting 471 CRS points according to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

I was wondering whether I should write the test for just 3 more points. I will be applying under CEC btw. The strange part is my speaking section went really well and was expecting the most in it. This was my first attempt at CELPIP so maybe I didn't know the format.
This CRS score of 471 is already good enough to get an invite under CEC. Are you in the pool now?

imafedloser

Jun 11, 2020
Hello Everyone!

Wow that's amazing! You'll easily get ITA in the next draw. You have Canadian Experience yet you want to write this exam another time?! I would suggest you to sit back and relax as you have already gotten enough score. It's time for you to enjoy.

I've recently come to know that CELPIP is being conducted in the country where I live. I feel that it suits me better than IELTS. Can you guide me? Having said that I've done some research which I posted in the other thread. But hearing from a successful person would boost my confidence.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Wow that's amazing! You'll easily get ITA in the next draw. You have Canadian Experience yet you want to write this exam another time?! I would suggest you to sit back and relax as you have already gotten enough score. It's time for you to enjoy.

I've recently come to know that CELPIP is being conducted in the country where I live. I feel that it suits me better than IELTS. Can you guide me? Having said that I've done some research which I posted in the other thread. But hearing from a successful person would boost my confidence.
Hey, thanks buddy! I have always been good at communication so I am not sure if my advice would apply to everyone. I have never written IELTS, so I cannot really compare, but from what I have heard from friends who have written both, both IELTS and CELPIP are very similar in difficulty.

I never practiced for CELPIP and just yolo'ed it and it went decent. One thing I didn't like about the test was the speaking section. It was so unnatural to talk to the screen (I prefer to talk with real people). Also, some of the speaking tasks were really weird. Like, describe some weird image and all. So, if you happen to write CELPIP, I would suggest you to practice for it.

Reactions: imafedloser

imafedloser

Jun 11, 2020
Hey, thanks buddy! I have always been good at communication so I am not sure if my advice would apply to everyone. I have never written IELTS, so I cannot really compare, but from what I have heard from friends who have written both, both IELTS and CELPIP are very similar in difficulty.

I never practiced for CELPIP and just yolo'ed it and it went decent. One thing I didn't like about the test was the speaking section. It was so unnatural to talk to the screen (I prefer to talk with real people). Also, some of the speaking tasks were really weird. Like, describe some weird image and all. So, if you happen to write CELPIP, I would suggest you to practice for it.
Thank you for the reply. Greatly appreciate it!

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hello Everyone!

NO