+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I withdraw my application?

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
Today is the 28th of August 2009....I had applied for my visa and study permit over two months ago for post-graduate study and I still have not heard from them...I have sent two emails and a fax and they never responded. My classes are starting on the 8th of September (a mere ten days away).... Do they even seriously grant visas this late? I am seriously thinking about withdrawing my application and my passport....majorly stressed out... Any advice

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
You should probably start thinking about withdrawing your application or extending it to a later start date if you don't hear something soon though.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
@hopefuldxb
Have u been asked to take medical?
If u have taken medical then there is still chance that u may get it in time. Ask for ur uni that how late r u allowed to come? And u can defer ur admission to next term.
My case is similar. My classes are starting on 7Sep. Still Waiting, after medical though.

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
kista said:
@ hopefuldxb
Have u been asked to take medical?
If u have taken medical then there is still chance that u may get it in time. Ask for ur uni that how late r u allowed to come? And u can defer ur admission to next term.
My case is similar. My classes are starting on 7Sep. Still Waiting, after medical though.
I am applying from Dubai and we do not require medicals.

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
malcolmm said:
You should probably start thinking about withdrawing your application or extending it to a later start date if you don't hear something soon though.
Thanks for the responses. I will wait until the end of the week (the 3rd) before I decide what to do. If I extend to next semester, do I have to apply again or just inform CIC that I have extended?

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
So hopefull be patient a little bit hope you will get it !!!

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
You can notify them that you have moved the start date without having to start the application process again, you must provide a new acceptance letter with the new date on it though.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
@Hopefull i got an extention letter i send them via email next thing they did they asked me for my passport waiting till now roughly 14 days realy

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Either you get an extention that says how late you can be then wait and see have you done any medical @ malcolm what the format of your cv you wrote and i will faxed them on monday i dont care where there they accept it or not because the legilamate way of communication they ignore it !!! I just dont understand after summiting of the passport did you wrote them an email !!

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
I mean format of email you write to them !!

memberof

Aug 1, 2009
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT DO NOT TELL CIC THAT YOU GET EXTENSION BECOZ THEY WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION. IF THEY DID NOT REPLY YOU BACK JUST TRANSFER YOUR ADMISSION TO NEXT SEMESTER. IF THEY ASK YOU FOR DEFFERED ACCEPTANCE LETTER THEN PROVIDE THEM WITH IT.

When CIC see now you have more time so they take more time as well.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
@hopefuldxb
I agree with memberof
Ask ur uni how late can u come? Wait until then. After that defer ur admission to next term and send this letter only once u r sure u can't join in this term.

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
Thanks Guys for all your replies and help.

I got my visa and student authorization letter by courier today.

@ Sasha: I just wrote them a normal email saying my classes were starting soon and I needed to plan my travel and to please expidiate the processing of my case.