+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I withdraw my application? CIT 0520 after citizenship test

yas_26

Aug 11, 2017
Hello everyone, I got a CIT520 from IRCC six months after I passed my test. They are asking for my US travel record (i94) and I just realized that I forgot to report one of my travels so I couldn't meet the 1460 days (2 days short). I submitted my application last year July so next month will be my 12-month processing time. I think I am very likely to be rejected but I am not sure if I should reapply right now (in order to reapply I have to withdraw the current application first). IRCC said once I has been asked for additional information my case became non-routine and they are not necessarily make decision within 12 months; which means I may need to wait for another year to know I am rejected. So, should I just withdraw and reapply now? Any suggestions? Everything would be appreciated.

Many thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone, I got a CIT520 from IRCC six months after I passed my test. They are asking for my US travel record (i94) and I just realized that I forgot to report one of my travels so I couldn't meet the 1460 days (2 days short). I submitted my application last year July so next month will be my 12-month processing time. I think I am very likely to be rejected but I am not sure if I should reapply right now (in order to reapply I have to withdraw the current application first). IRCC said once I has been asked for additional information my case became non-routine and they are not necessarily make decision within 12 months; which means I may need to wait for another year to know I am rejected. So, should I just withdraw and reapply now? Any suggestions? Everything would be appreciated.

Many thanks
As you appear to have not met the absolute minimum of physical presence days under the old application rules, would a new one, under the C-6 rules, just be a breeze? If so, what do you have to lose, apart from the processing fees?

yas_26

Aug 11, 2017
As you appear to have not met the absolute minimum of physical presence days under the old application rules, would a new one, under the C-6 rules, just be a breeze? If so, what do you have to lose, apart from the processing fees?
Sigh, you are right.
I don't mind losing my processing fee at all, but the processing time.
Actually I am leaving Canada to do my Ph.D soon, so I am still hoping this could be done.
Time to be realistic.

Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
The sooner you withdraw your application, the sooner you'll be a canadian citizen...

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012

Many thanks
Mine was 3-days short as I changed one of my flight schedule that I forgot to mention. So, don’t worry just complete the form with correct information and write an apology letter for the same. I did the same and I am now a Canadian Citizen. So, relax and write a letter with signature of course. Give a decent explanation that how you have forgotten that trip...

yas_26

Aug 11, 2017
Mine was 3-days short as I changed one of my flight schedule that I forgot to mention. So, don’t worry just complete the form with correct information and write an apology letter for the same. I did the same and I am now a Canadian Citizen. So, relax and write a letter with signature of course. Give a decent explanation that how you have forgotten that trip...
Thank you for the info. I did call IRCC and they said the same to me. I have sent a letter to them with the completed lite-RQ already. But my PR card is going to expire next month so I guess I will have to reapply if I don't hear back from them this month.

It seems they responded to your RQ pretty quick. I hope they can at least give me a closure soon.

Reactions: zardoz

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
Thank you for the info. I did call IRCC and they said the same to me. I have sent a letter to them with the completed lite-RQ already. But my PR card is going to expire next month so I guess I will have to reapply if I don't hear back from them this month.

It seems they responded to your RQ pretty quick. I hope they can at least give me a closure soon.
No they will not ask you to reapply, instead they may schedule an interview with the judge. Even they understand if one can waited so many years they could have easily waited for 2 more days... so, dont worry.

If you have travel planned in recent future then you need a PR renewal which most likely take 45-60 days to come.

If no travel is planned just sit and enjoy the waiting period...

Relax

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
That's interesting...
So you can become a canadian citizen even if you don't strictly respect the residence requirement, and sometimes with no outrageous delays ?

Seems to be a new IRCC policy under Liberals.
That's good news if we observe it on a constant basis, and not only for C24 application but also for C6 applications with, say, 1093 days.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
IMO, any existing C24 applications that haven't made it to DM, should be evaluated to C6 standards, especially with respect to residency requirements, just in fairness.

Surajgill_in

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks for the advice.
Don’t widraw you application.May be you have to reply a question ,saying that have you applied for citizenship before.and they could ask for the reason .Its better to explain your mistake and wait little longer rather than put yourself in suspicion. That you have not committed deliberately.(This is the way I think)

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
The sooner you withdraw your application, the sooner you'll be a canadian citizen...
pretty ironic, isnt it? but in this case, seems like the right thing to me too. sitting on the old application may lead to further delays.

yas_26

Aug 11, 2017
That's interesting...
So you can become a canadian citizen even if you don't strictly respect the residence requirement, and sometimes with no outrageous delays ?

Seems to be a new IRCC policy under Liberals.
That's good news if we observe it on a constant basis, and not only for C24 application but also for C6 applications with, say, 1093 days.
Sorry but I don't think this has anything to do with did I "strictly respect the residence requirement" or not. Normally, we need to be aware of an issue before we can show respect to it (otherwise I would't even apply but just waited for two more days). I just did not notice that at the moment when I applied. That is why we need to explain. I admitted that I was not careful enough when I filed my application in the letter but I do think I totally respect their rules. I would not complain at all if they rejected me simply because I am the one who is at fault since the beginning.

Thanks

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Sorry but I don't think this has anything to do with did I "strictly respect the residence requirement" or not. Normally, we need to be aware of an issue before we can show respect to it (otherwise I would't even apply but just waited for two more days). I just did not notice that at the moment when I applied. That is why we need to explain. I admitted that I was not careful enough when I filed my application in the letter but I do think I totally respect their rules. I would not complain at all if they rejected me simply because I am the one who is at fault since the beginning.

Thanks
We all tend to rush into things and getting citizenship application out of our way is one of it...On several forums, it has been advised to leave at least 15-20 days to factor in absences which you may have not counted. Having patience is important simply because your application is not necessary processed in the same order as it is received due to multiple factors pertaining to your travel, country of travel etc..For now.. you can wait for them to reject or try alleviate it by sending explanation(if it works).

yas_26

Aug 11, 2017
Don’t widraw you application.May be you have to reply a question ,saying that have you applied for citizenship before.and they could ask for the reason .Its better to explain your mistake and wait little longer rather than put yourself in suspicion. That you have not committed deliberately.(This is the way I think)
I sent a letter last week; but I think eventually I will need to withdraw. I will give myself two more weeks.

Thanks