+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I widthraw my Family class sponsorship application because of 1 wrong date?

abhica

Jun 7, 2023
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my current situation with you and seek some advice. I have two applications in progress at the moment:
  1. Family class sponsorship for my wife and my 7-year-old child. I submitted this application on 18th May 2023, but I haven't received the AoR yet.
  2. I also applied for the renewal of my PR card.
Unfortunately, I made a mistake in my Family class sponsorship application. In the "relationship information and sponsorship evaluation form," I was asked to provide the addresses where I had lived in the last 5 years. Regrettably, I provided the wrong dates for one of the addresses. I mentioned 18th April 2019 - 14th April 2021, but the correct dates are 18th August 2019 - 14th April 2021. During this time, I was in India due to the Covid situation.

I'm really worried now because this mistake could be seen as misrepresentation, and my application might be refused. Should I withdraw the Family class sponsorship application for my wife and child and reapply with the correct dates?

I'm seeking your advice on what steps I should take.
I appreciate any suggestions or guidance you can provide. Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my current situation with you and seek some advice. I have two applications in progress at the moment:
  1. Family class sponsorship for my wife and my 7-year-old child. I submitted this application on 18th May 2023, but I haven't received the AoR yet.
  2. I also applied for the renewal of my PR card.
Unfortunately, I made a mistake in my Family class sponsorship application. In the "relationship information and sponsorship evaluation form," I was asked to provide the addresses where I had lived in the last 5 years. Regrettably, I provided the wrong dates for one of the addresses. I mentioned 18th April 2019 - 14th April 2021, but the correct dates are 18th August 2019 - 14th April 2021. During this time, I was in India due to the Covid situation.

I'm really worried now because this mistake could be seen as misrepresentation, and my application might be refused. Should I withdraw the Family class sponsorship application for my wife and child and reapply with the correct dates?

I'm seeking your advice on what steps I should take.
I appreciate any suggestions or guidance you can provide. Thank you in advance!
I would not withdraw. I would just send a webform to correct.

Reactions: YVR123 and ERCAN