+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I take IELTS again for 0.5 points more?

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi all,

I just check my IELTS (GT) for Express Entry and the result is:

Overall Band 8.0
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5

I am satisfied with the results except for writing..... the thing is if I got 0.5 more for writing, I could get additional 32 points for my EE profile, because each band is above CLB 9.

Do you all think I should retake the exam?? the risk is getting lower scores in the second one... lol
One more question, IF I retake the exam, does the second result override the first result? So if I get lower scores in the second exam, it is necessary to update my profile to the lower scores?

Your help is appreciated!Thanks!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
Hi all,

Overall Band 8.0
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5

I am satisfied with the results except for writing..... the thing is if I got 0.5 more for writing, I could get additional 32 points for my EE profile, because each band is above CLB 9.

Do you all think I should retake the exam?? the risk is getting lower scores in the second one... lol
One more question, IF I retake the exam, does the second result override the first result? So if I get lower scores in the second exam, it is necessary to update my profile to the lower scores?

You may retake the exam at the risk of receiving a lower score than the ones above - if that happens, just go with the test that has the higher overall score - no updates are needed

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Johnny31 said:
You may retake the exam at the risk of receiving a lower score than the ones above - if that happens, just go with the test that has the higher overall score - no updates are needed
Thanks for your reply!!

Engineer2133

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ee2015 said:
Hi all,

Overall Band 8.0
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5

Did you retake the exam? I am almost in same condition with 0.5 less in speaking but good marks in others. Please advice how was your experience of retaking IELTS?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Engineer2133 said:
Did you retake the exam? I am almost in same condition with 0.5 less in speaking but good marks in others. Please advice how was your experience of retaking IELTS?
My advice, you will improve your score in second attempt. If you need any help in speaking format of IELTS do let me know, as after appearing for 4 times i know the sequence of question lol

rhkhan

Aug 16, 2014
Johnny31 said:
Do you think there is no need to update even the latest score in any module is less than 6? I believe this is the minimum score required to be eligible for FSW. Please suggest.

Engineer2133

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Jaiveer Singh said:
My advice, you will improve your score in second attempt. If you need any help in speaking format of IELTS do let me know, as after appearing for 4 times i know the sequence of question lol
Your case is really inspiring:-D any help or advice you can give would be really great. Thanks in advance

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am overwhelmed when i get to know that i am inspiring someone in one or another way

Malik7785

May 26, 2015
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2014
Doc's Request.
Pic Request 16-April-15
AOR Received.
23-March-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015-Ecas In Process
Med's Request
16-October-15 (RPRF , MR , PCC , Updated forms , PPR 1)
Med's Done....
27-October-15
Passport Req..
10-December-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-December-15
LANDED..........
18-January-16
Dear Senior Members,

After Receiving AOR, I have asked from London Visa Office that my Language abilities are not sufficient against my NOC 0631. My Submitted IELTS results were Listening 5, Reading 5, Writing 5 & Speaking 5.5, Overall 5.0. They given a 90 days time period to me for explanation.

I have retaken the IELTS exam. Now my updated results is following. please suggest if now bands are sufficent. I am going to submit my updated result .

Listening 6, Reading 5.5, Writing6.5 & Speaking 6.0, Overall 6.0.

Note: My case submitted in Oct 2014 without Express Entry & i am a PNP applicant nominated in SINP.

Thanks in Advance.

nykie

Aug 17, 2015
Re: Should I take IELTS again ?

Jaiveer Singh said:
I am a first timer on thus forum,I need help on how to post my questions pls. Nevertheless my first question is
1. I just received my ielts test result yesterday and it stated
reading 5.5
writing 4.5
listening 5.5
speaking 7.0

pls is this eligible for express entry program ?

2. I am applying with spouse and 2children which are minor .
must my spouse sit for ielts exam too,will spouse score complement mine?can I submit two sitting for the principal Ielts score?

thanks for your time

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
Hello Jaiveer - I would require your help in speaking format of IELTS.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Should I take IELTS again ?

Hi

nykie said:
I am a first timer on thus forum,I need help on how to post my questions pls. Nevertheless my first question is
1. I just received my ielts test result yesterday and it stated
reading 5.5
writing 4.5
listening 5.5
speaking 7.0

pls is this eligible for express entry program ?

2. I am applying with spouse and 2children which are minor .
must my spouse sit for ielts exam too,will spouse score complement mine?can I submit two sitting for the principal Ielts score?

thanks for your time
1. Your score is ineligible, you require a minimum of 6.0 in each module.
2. Only one test is eligible, you can't combine tests.
3. Immaterial of dependents ielts if principle doesn't qualify.

adex100

Dec 21, 2015
Hello Jaiveer - Would you help me providing the Speaking test materials please? adikkappan.opurchase@gmail.com

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Malik7785 said:
Dear Senior Members,

After Receiving AOR, I have asked from London Visa Office that my Language abilities are not sufficient against my NOC 0631. My Submitted IELTS results were Listening 5, Reading 5, Writing 5 & Speaking 5.5, Overall 5.0. They given a 90 days time period to me for explanation.

I have retaken the IELTS exam. Now my updated results is following. please suggest if now bands are sufficent. I am going to submit my updated result .

Listening 6, Reading 5.5, Writing6.5 & Speaking 6.0, Overall 6.0.

Note: My case submitted in Oct 2014 without Express Entry & i am a PNP applicant nominated in SINP.

Thanks in Advance.
Dear Malik

I think you have gt your PR with improved score of ielts band 6.

please reply

Badil