+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i start a new application?

Maria_Martins

Feb 26, 2021
Guys, this one is a bit confusing.

So, the beggining of this year i made my application. Due to COVID-19 related events, i wasn't able to collect my biometrics. I gave them an explanation and have been waiting since.
It has been a long time since then, so i gave up and was ready to start a new application, with external help this time. I was in the process of hiring a company to help me with the visa.

Just happens that today they updated my application, requesting the medical exam.
Does this means that the biometrics won't be an issue? I was just about to withdraw this application.
So now i'm torn. Do i go on with my current application, or start a new one?

Can someone help?

Reactions: RumezaJ

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As said, you can't withdraw anymore. Getting medical request might be a good sign (depending on which country you are applying from). Are you able to give your biometrics now? Your application cannot be finalized without the biometrics.

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Guys, this one is a bit confusing.

So, the beggining of this year i made my application. Due to COVID-19 related events, i wasn't able to collect my biometrics. I gave them an explanation and have been waiting since.
It has been a long time since then, so i gave up and was ready to start a new application, with external help this time. I was in the process of hiring a company to help me with the visa.

Just happens that today they updated my application, requesting the medical exam.
Does this means that the biometrics won't be an issue? I was just about to withdraw this application.
So now i'm torn. Do i go on with my current application, or start a new one?

Can someone help?
When did you apply ? What is your visa office ?

swarapriyan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
@wonderbly Just to understand better, why can't we withdraw the application? In my case, I am a Non-SDS applicant with swop applied on March 07, 2021. Bio passed March 10, 2021, after that no news. I did medical upfront myself on July 06, 2021, and passed on July 27, 2021. No update for spouse till date. My class starts on September 07 and I have to be in Canada on September 01 for mandatory pre-orientation. I can't defer my course since the course is only available for next Fall 2022. In this case what I can do except withdrawal?

I would be grateful for your point of view.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Sorry but you have no other option than to wait. You can't withdraw simply because that does not exist. I think you may want to prepare to defer your admission.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Is this a new policy or something because they clearly say to use a webform if you want to withdraw the application.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Is this a new policy or something because they clearly say to use a webform if you want to withdraw the application.
Link please? Withdraw is possible only if your application is waiting to be processed. Once the processing starts, you can not withdraw it.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Link please? Withdraw is possible only if your application is waiting to be processed. Once the processing starts, you can not withdraw it.
If you are enquiring about the status of your visa application or wish to withdraw your application, please use the online Webform and ensure to add your application number. Please ensure you include the email address listed on your MyCIC account or we will not be able to withdraw your application. Please be advised that fees will not be refunded if processing has already been initiated.

This was in the generic automated reply from IRCC. I think you can withdraw but you won't be refunded if the processing has started.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
This happened before to many people in this forum. You can send as much as webforms as you want, your application will not be withdrawed. Webform these days takes at least 2 weeks for IRCC to confirm the reception. And even if you can withdraw and start a new application, there is absolutely no chance for you to get your study permit before Sep 1st. Zero chance. So you may want to look at other options such as admission deferral.

swarapriyan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
In my understanding, withdrawal is possible through Webforms. But as said by @thaovy99 there is no chance if we target to reapply for Fall 2021. I am thinking to withdraw the current application and restart the new application after a month time to target Fall 2022. :(

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Withdrawal is possible through webform. I had tried to withdraw application due to a misunderstanding and then sent another webform to ask not to withdraw it.
I got an email from ircc confirming if I wished to withdraw or not and I said I didn't. This was all noted in my gcms notes