+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I restore status or apply for study permit

Hannaaaa

May 11, 2020
Hi guys,

Really need advice on my application.

I graduated this summer and got my PGWP in July. My study permit expired on July 31th.

But now I want to start a part-time study while working and have already gotten the offer from DLI school.

My question is : to study legally in Canada, should I apply for restore student status(my study permit expired less than 90 days) or I should just apply for a new study permit?

If I choose to apply for a new study permit, will it be as complicated as the first-time study permit application(hundreds pages financial documents and study plan....), or it just similar like extend the study permit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Really need advice on my application.

I graduated this summer and got my PGWP in July. My study permit expired on July 31th.

But now I want to start a part-time study while working and have already gotten the offer from DLI school.

My question is : to study legally in Canada, should I apply for restore student status(my study permit expired less than 90 days) or I should just apply for a new study permit?

If I choose to apply for a new study permit, will it be as complicated as the first-time study permit application(hundreds pages financial documents and study plan....), or it just similar like extend the study permit?

Thank you in advance for your help.
What is the program duration?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
two years
You need a study permit for that. You can't do these studies on a PGWP.

The issue you face is that a PGWP can only be obtained once and you won't qualify for another one.

I'm not sure if it's possible to hold a PGWP and study permit at the same time. Obtaining a new study permit might cancel out the PGWP. I don't know enough to tell you either way.

Hannaaaa

May 11, 2020
You need a study permit for that. You can't do these studies on a PGWP.

The issue you face is that a PGWP can only be obtained once and you won't qualify for another one.

I'm not sure if it's possible to hold a PGWP and study permit at the same time. Obtaining a new study permit might cancel out the PGWP. I don't know enough to tell you either way.
Thank you for the reply. I am pretty sure that I can both have a study permit and PGWP. As long as I study part-time, the working experience also counts for CEC.