+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I notify IRCC that I have foreign vacation coming up?

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
I am a August 2018 citizen (family) applicant, I had booked a cruise vacation for my family during the last 2 weeks of March. I have prepaid for the cruise. Now I am waiting to get my test/interview date letter from IRCC. I am getting a little worried that the test date may be during our vacation period.

Do you think I should inform IRCC of my vacation plan or in your experience/knowledge that is a bad idea that will cause very long delay in scheduling of my test/interview?

You feedback what be appreciated.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I sent them a web form a few months before I went on vacation in September and December and asked them to not schedule anything for the dates I would be away.
I don't know if it worked but the day after I got back from my vacation in December they sent me the email for test invite. It won't harm your application in any way.

SRIS

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
I sent them a web form a few months before I went on vacation in September and December and asked them to not schedule anything for the dates I would be away.
I don't know if it worked but the day after I got back from my vacation in December they sent me the email for test invite. It won't harm your application in any way.
Thank a lot for the info. Much appreciate it.

ninja90

Jun 8, 2018
I called them and asked them. They asked me to inform them of my travel dates so they dont schedule my test etc during those dates. It a hassle to reschedule n usually delays the process.