+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should i move

shobhikamadhu

May 10, 2018
I am a single mother with two kids. I have done Electronics engineering and am working in a telecom company. Should i move to canada? Will I be able to get a decent job

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a single mother with two kids. I have done Electronics engineering and am working in a telecom company. Should i move to canada? Will I be able to get a decent job
Unfortunately it's impossible for any of us to say if you will get a decent job.

Note that you will need the father's written consent to take the children to Canada.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be aware that at the start most people will have survival jobs, or jobs that are lower that what they had before. Be also aware, that you will need licencing once in Canada.
So count with a bumpy start

shobhikamadhu

May 10, 2018
Unfortunately it's impossible for any of us to say if you will get a decent job.

Note that you will need the father's written consent to take the children to Canada.
But I have court decree stating that kids custody is with mother and the father has no visiting rights. Then also will I need consent?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Depending on the age of your children childcare is very expensive. School is not the full day and there is a bit more than a 2 months summer break so you will have to plan to pay for childcare or camp. Many single mothers struggle even if they are getting child support from the father. Don't want to discourage you but it will be hard no matter what but really hard if you have children that are in primary/middle school and younger.

If you are able to get the consent of the father it would be much better but you likely will be able to have the child custody agreement accepted as proof. They want to make sure there are no claims of parental abduction because you are going to another country.

shobhikamadhu

May 10, 2018
My kids are 11 and 8 yrs old. My daughter takes care of my son very well. Here in India they manage themselves and remain alone at home while I m at work. Can they live by themselves in Canada also? If not will day care centres for them be very costly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My kids are 11 and 8 yrs old. My daughter takes care of my son very well. Here in India they manage themselves and remain alone at home while I m at work. Can they live by themselves in Canada also? If not will day care centres for them be very costly?
Not really acceptable (or legal) for kids to be home alone for that long especially the 8 year old. There is approximately 10 weeks of summer vacation plus other holidays and random days off during the school year for teacher training. At those ages most parents put their children in day camp especially during the summer. I would look up the local city or ymca day camps to get a lower/average cost day camp. There are also after school programs you can pay for or private babysitter who watch children from their home or your home.