+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I move to CANADA from India? good job(In India) VS. top 10 universities (CANADA) Age : 25

Jack_Patel

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, I am form India,
I have done Bachelors in Electrical Engineering. I have just two years of experience. With 8.65/10 CGPA and 7.5 IELTS score. I am getting chance in some of TOP 10 universities in CANADA. In India i have comfortable job which pays me 30K per month.(Annual 3.6 lacs =6978 CAD) For my City and age (25) that seems good enough.I am living with my family. I am still single and have opportunity to move to CANADA. My current job has good growth chances (notably in Indian salary standards) But is not completely core job and more of managerial. When i went through various forums, they says its difficult to save in CANADA. Can some one give your opinion in my case because it seems 50:50. (better on both side) so what is more better?

( Some of parameters Corruption, reservation , over population, polution , weather, economic future , peacefulness, government support, quantity of life)

Universities
1- University of Calgary
2- University of Western Ontario
3- University of Waterloo (not 100% sure about this)
4- Queens University
5- University of Alberta
( haven't applied for any , just positive from my score and consultants advise )
1)** Student Visa
2)** PR if they accept my entry under PNP as some consultant says Ontario and Alberta have special requirement for Electrical grads. ( well i don't believe all that consultant says , I know my CRS score won't be enough with only 2.4 years experience )

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is expensive to live in Canada. Sounds like have a good lifestyle in India so expect that your lifestyle will not be as good. Most Canadians need both parents to work and they still may not have much to save.

Reactions: Jack_Patel

Jack_Patel

Jan 4, 2019
It is expensive to live in Canada. Sounds like have a good lifestyle in India so expect that your lifestyle will not be as good. Most Canadians need both parents to work and they still may not have much to save.
thank you for taking time to reply. I am looking for balance of quality of life and savings. What will be my chances as Post Graduate from top universities to land at well paying job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you for taking time to reply. I am looking for balance of quality of life and savings. What will be my chances as Post Graduate from top universities to land at well paying job.
Depends on too many things for me to speculate. Better than average but not sure what you consider a good salary.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In terms of the above mentioned parameters, there are still lots of countries that are less expensive to live than Canada.

Reactions: Jack_Patel

Jack_Patel

Jan 4, 2019
The weather in India is not a concern when moving to Canada ;)
Thanks for thanking time to answer the question. True.. For me its like right now i have freedom and can adjust well anywhere. After 10 years i may not be able to say the same. Plus I will have Canadian Masters from top universities. So I am hopeful that may help well.
Btw being Canadia what is your view on Ontario (any city like Waterloo, London, Toronto) vs Calgary

Jack_Patel

Jan 4, 2019
In terms of the above mentioned parameters, there are still lots of countries that are less expensive to live than Canada.
May be. I might not have come across . But like quality education also matters which is recognised across the globe. And if country has job to offer in my field. Lets say New Zealand , beautiful country and even can offer quality education but seeing the population size and growth, may not be able to offer masters level job. (Thats what i found out from friend there , he is working in repair shop)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for thanking time to answer the question. True.. For me its like right now i have freedom and can adjust well anywhere. After 10 years i may not be able to say the same. Plus I will have Canadian Masters from top universities. So I am hopeful that may help well.
Btw being Canadia what is your view on Ontario (any city like Waterloo, London, Toronto) vs Calgary
Hard to say because you will looking for work years from now. Aberta's economy is not doing very well. Many of the engineer's that left Alberta have usually moved to Toronto. There is a lot of competition for engineering positions. That's why I recommend that you look for a job and not limit yourself to one location. Same thing I tell new Canadian graduates and new immigrants. Younger people need to remain flexible and go where the opportunity is.