+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I move out of MMC to give myself more chances of being selected?

Bernardox2

Oct 12, 2023
Hi All,

I just recently submitted an Expression of interest through Arrima for CSQ application. I live in Laval which is within Montreal Metropolitan Community (MMC)

I would like to know if I should consider getting out of MMC as I heard that there is a higher chance of getting selected to acquire CSQ if you live outside MMC. I want to know if this is true and still the case?

I work from home so my employer does not care as long as I stay inside Quebec. However, l really love staying within MMC , but if PR/CSQ is on the line then I will definitely move out.

Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hi All,

I just recently submitted an Expression of interest through Arrima for CSQ application. I live in Laval which is within Montreal Metropolitan Community (MMC)

I would like to know if I should consider getting out of MMC as I heard that there is a higher chance of getting selected to acquire CSQ if you live outside MMC. I want to know if this is true and still the case?

I work from home so my employer does not care as long as I stay inside Quebec. However, l really love staying within MMC , but if PR/CSQ is on the line then I will definitely move out.

Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!
No, The thing that will affect is validated job offer from the employer outside MMC. So just moving ( changing the address to outside MMC) will not change anything.

Bernardox2

Oct 12, 2023
Hello Singh__
My company has offices both in Montreal and outside MMC , but the main headquarters is the one outside MMC as the company originated there. I work from home so I can live anywhere Quebec. So I guess it will not affect my application even if I choose to live within Montreal right?

Thank you for your response.

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hello Singh__
My company has offices both in Montreal and outside MMC , but the main headquarters is the one outside MMC as the company originated there. I work from home so I can live anywhere Quebec. So I guess it will not affect my application even if I choose to live within Montreal right?

Thank you for your response.
The main thing that will affect your chance to getting invitation is that the company’s headquarters that are outside MMC they could apply for the job validation for you. Once you got approval for job validation then you can update in the arrima. And if you will have validated job offer outside MMC you will get invitation without French .
But if you choose to get validation job offer outside MMC I will prefer to go near the area where are the headquarter is present, Because when we got invitation and then we have to file application on mon project and over there I think there is one question that
‘Which region are you going settlement in Quebec’’.
so May be there will be conflict of interest because the invitation for outside but you are in MMC.
And government don’t want people in MMC they want outside.
i hope this will help