+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I mention part-time jobs done during studies as part of my Personal History?

Socrattes2099

Apr 7, 2019
Hello guys,

I am filling out my ITA application and have some doubts regarding activities in the Personal History section. I was studying full-time in Canada last year and doing some part-time jobs at the same time.

Not sure if I should include those part-time jobs in my list of activities: If I NOT mention them, I am not leaving any time gaps; in the other hand, Immigration can check the NOA and T4 I am attaching as proof of my full-time job and realize incomes dont' match -NOA's incomes greater than T4's-. So they can infer I am not mentioning some employment, because this tells them I received extra money.

What do you think? Should I mention those part-time jobs or not?

Thanks in advance.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hello guys,

I am filling out my ITA application and have some doubts regarding activities in the Personal History section. I was studying full-time in Canada last year and doing some part-time jobs at the same time.

Not sure if I should include those part-time jobs in my list of activities: If I NOT mention them, I am not leaving any time gaps; in the other hand, Immigration can check the NOA and T4 I am attaching as proof of my full-time job and realize incomes dont' match -NOA's incomes greater than T4's-. So they can infer I am not mentioning some employment, because this tells them I received extra money.

Thanks in advance.
If the part-time job was during your full time studies and didn’t exceed 20 hours per week you don’t have to mention it in the personal history, only main activity which was a full time student. However, nothing is wrong if you include these jobs in the personal history, or just provide an LOE with brief explanation re NOA and T4 to be on the safe side.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.
Hey,
what did you finally do?
did you include your part time work ex in personal history?
I have the same question.
Thanks.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I did not include it in my history
Let's see
How did your application go? I also worked part time while studying but don't remember exactly dates when I worked. The job was as a security in residential office. Do you think I should mention them?

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.
Hi can you please tell me. Then what you did at the end. Did you included that part time work in personal history?? Do i really need to add that as well.