+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I mention my Express Entry profile on my study visa application?

aplus

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Hi all,

I submitted my express entry profile a few months ago. But due to the backlogs, I guess they will start reviewing my application almost 2 years later, right?
So I've decided to apply for a study visa while I'm waiting for my EE application.

Now my question is, should I mention that I have an active EE application and I want to do a course in Canada to increase my CRS score of my EE profile? And not actually lie and convince the officer that I will return to my country after graduating?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I submitted my express entry profile a few months ago. But due to the backlogs, I guess they will start reviewing my application almost 2 years later, right?
So I've decided to apply for a study visa while I'm waiting for my EE application.

Now my question is, should I mention that I have an active EE application and I want to do a course in Canada to increase my CRS score of my EE profile? And not actually lie and convince the officer that I will return to my country after graduating?
So you received ITA and waiting for PR processing. Or you have a profile and waiting for ITA.
Either way you can apply for a study permit as they are two different programs and eligibility requirements.

Reactions: aplus

aplus

Star Member
May 25, 2014
I'm waiting for ITA.
Should I say anything about my EE profile? Do I still need to claim that I will leave Canada after my studies?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm waiting for ITA.
Should I say anything about my EE profile? Do I still need to claim that I will leave Canada after my studies?
Yes. Study permit is temporary permit & has different requirements so you need to show funds, ties to home country, education & career progression in home country etc. Justify spending tens of thousands for a Canadian education with a better, higher paying job in home country.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
I'm waiting for ITA.
you dont have to mention your EE profile, whether or not you’re post-AOR. write your letter of explanation like you would whether or not you have an EE profile, with focus on how the qualification would help you advance your career.