+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I list work experience that I cannot prove but don't need?

cristian240

Oct 21, 2015
My last job was six months of Canadian work experience as an engineer but I cannot get a record of employment for it. The reason is because I was working with a contracting agency and I was "incorporated" which is kind of being a company instead of a person as far as finances is concerned (Services Canada said that I did not have a record of employment because I never contributed to employment insurance fund and was basically self-employed).

The thing is that I do not really need these 6 months of work experience since I have 4 years of experience outside of Canada. I do not want to be in a position where they ask me to prove these 6 months even though I have more than enough with my previous jobs which I can prove.

What do you guys recommend?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cristian240 said:
My last job was six months of Canadian work experience as an engineer but I cannot get a record of employment for it. The reason is because I was working with a contracting agency and I was "incorporated" which is kind of being a company instead of a person as far as finances is concerned (Services Canada said that I did not have a record of employment because I never contributed to employment insurance fund and was basically self-employed).

The thing is that I do not really need these 6 months of work experience since I have 4 years of experience outside of Canada. I do not want to be in a position where they ask me to prove these 6 months even though I have more than enough with my previous jobs which I can prove.

What do you guys recommend?
Add what you feel appropriate as long it doesnt affect your crs and add rest in personal history.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cristian240 said:
CRS? Can you elaborate?
I meant the score. If it doesnt add anything to your expresa entry score, you can leave it. Make sure to mention it in personal history post ITA

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
I meant the score. If it doesnt add anything to your expresa entry score, you can leave it. Make sure to mention it in personal history post ITA
What should I do in OINP form. I am having a same problem. I cannot provide documents for foreign work experience. I should not include in personal and work history in OINP form? Please help!!

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
What should I do in OINP form. I am having a same problem. I cannot provide documents for foreign work experience. I should not include in personal and work history in OINP form? Please help!!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
sms_1190 said:
Exclude any experience that is not giving you any points. This will make it easy for you to prepare your documents. Less hassle