+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I go for University pathway program ? Please help asap!

athlon

Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, please help >>

I have got an Offer letter for a university pathway program (from a language school) which is of 3 weeks / 8 weeks duration. The program will start on first week of December. This school has partnership with a number of Canadian universities and colleges (e.g. Brock Uni). If I complete the program successfully, I will be able to directly move to Masters program in the university of my choice.

At the moment, the offer for University pathway program is Conditional because I have Not paid any fee yet.

If I make arrangement to get an Unconditional offer for the university pathway program, I will also get a CONDITIONAL offer for my chosen Masters program in a partner university. (e.g. Brock, Lakehead etc).

What do you think about this? Is there enough chance of visa approval/refusal? Please share.

If the visa is approved, will I get visa for "pathway program" and "masters program" together?

athlon

Sep 17, 2016
athlon said:
Hi everyone, please help >>

I have got an Offer letter for a university pathway program (from a language school) which is of 3 weeks / 8 weeks duration. The program will start on first week of December. This school has partnership with a number of Canadian universities and colleges (e.g. Brock Uni). If I complete the program successfully, I will be able to directly move to Masters program in the university of my choice.

At the moment, the offer for University pathway program is Conditional because I have Not paid any fee yet.

If I make arrangement to get an Unconditional offer for the university pathway program, I will also get a CONDITIONAL offer for my chosen Masters program in a partner university. (e.g. Brock, Lakehead etc).

What do you think about this? Is there enough chance of visa approval/refusal? Please share.

If the visa is approved, will I get visa for "pathway program" and "masters program" together?
Is there anyone who can help please? :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Forget about the pathways program. Get admitted to a Masters program directly if you want a high chance of the visa being approved.

athlon

Sep 17, 2016
Actually I don't want to wait until September next year.

The pathway program is the earliest opportunity I can get. After 3 weeks / 8 weeks of pathway program, I can directly start Masters in a partner university.

You mean the visa approval chance is LOW for pathway program (+ masters) ? Is it below 50% chance for visa approval?

What's wrong with pathway program in the eyes of visa officer?

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
The duration of the visa will be for the length of university partnership program but it can be easily increased once you land there. Still in some pathway programs the visa is for the duration of the pathway program + duration of masters. Please share the link of the program so that we are able to help you out further.

athlon

Sep 17, 2016
hi, the website for the institution: http://www.ilsc.com/program/university-pathway-program

The institution has campuses in Canada, Australia , USA. The PDF link for Canada campus: http://content.ilsc.com/pdf/language-schools/canada/current/UPath-Canada.pdf

What do you think ? I already have an offer letter for this pathway program (intake: Dec-Jan). Should I go for it ?

I found a link regarding visa for pathway program which says CIC will only give visa for the pathway program (that means I have to extend it later on to pursue Masters) : http://www.cicnews.com/2016/08/canada-guidelines-study-permit-applications-questions-for-students-stakeholders-088485.html

Is the above news true?

Please reply in detail. Thanks.

Ahmed1995

Oct 15, 2016
athlon said:
What do you think ? I already have an offer letter for this pathway program (intake: Dec-Jan). Should I go for it ?
visa processing can take upto 10 weeks and more, how are you gonna make it in time for your program if it starts on the first week of December and you havent even decided about submitting your application/documents yet?

Maddy1994

Dec 9, 2015
athlon said:
hi, the website for the institution: http://www.ilsc.com/program/university-pathway-program

The institution has campuses in Canada, Australia , USA. The PDF link for Canada campus: http://content.ilsc.com/pdf/language-schools/canada/current/UPath-Canada.pdf

I found a link regarding visa for pathway program which says CIC will only give visa for the pathway program (that means I have to extend it later on to pursue Masters) : http://www.cicnews.com/2016/08/canada-guidelines-study-permit-applications-questions-for-students-stakeholders-088485.html

Is the above news true?

Please reply in detail. Thanks.

I am sorry to say but I think you should directly apply to universities, many of the universities listed above are not that great there many great canadian colleges better than these universities.

Preeti Jennifer

Oct 16, 2016
Maddy1994 said:
The duration of the visa will be for the length of university partnership program but it can be easily increased once you land there. Still in some pathway programs the visa is for the duration of the pathway program + duration of masters. Please share the link of the program so that we are able to help you out further.
unbc.ca/international/international-undergraduate-pathways-program
International Undergraduate Pathways Program (IUPP)In University Of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)

please inform about this program also.
i will apply for JAN 2017 take in this course with Bachelors Course.

how much chances of Visa Approval in this sort of Courses