+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I go for student visa or work visa?

engrdk

Mar 1, 2015
Hello everyone, it's been over an hour I am reading a lot of posts and it's really helpful forum. Thanks to everyone who made it! Cheers!

I am putting up my profile for you guys to find if it fits the requirements for study visa or should I go for work there? By the way, I am almost completely null in Canadian rules regarding visas.

My profile:
Year = Title = %age = Issues if any
2003 = 10th = 77% = Null
2005 = 12th = 72% = Null
2010 = B.E* = 68.5% = Few supplements and 1 year term back (all this during first two years as I was not interested then)

About my Bachelor Program
*I started my 4 years bachelor in Jan 2006, however, I completed in 2010 making it 5 years there. Course was Industrial Engineering and Management from one of reputed and oldest public sector engineering universities. During first year, I was termed back (you go to same semester in next year due to attendance issue) because I was not interested to study there but soon I started doing best there.

First two years consistently have low percentages like 55-65% in every semester.
Around 5-7 supplementary exams in total to clear failure subjects.
Last two years of bachelor were my best to give around 70-80% in single attempt.

My Experience
I have been working since graduation in occupational safety field (I heard it is in demand in Canada.) with almost 5 years of experience including 2+ years in Middle East being Safety Engineer. However and to remind, my degree is in Industrial Engineering and Management.

My Certifications
I have been attending a lot of courses in Occupational Safety and Health with local diploma in hands and UK certifications of level 3 awards including Train the Trainer award from HABC UK.

English Language
I did attempt IELTS in 2011 (expired) that resulted 6.0. I am sure this time it would give me more than that.

Other Information
Last year I was admitted into various UK universities for masters in Safety, Health and Environmental courses. However, I could not decided because of certain issues. Now I am strictly planning to move permanently to Canada.

Questions:
Should I go for masters or post graduate certificate or diploma? The best for post-education work there and PR, ofcourse.
Any advise incase I intend to cut the costs as nobody would bear expenses except myself.
Should I apply for work visa? However, my personal interest is to study masters in my professional field and work thereafter.

What are the best options I can avail based on above profile?

Many thanks in advance for reading it. I know it's too long but believe me I tried my best to summarize.

Regards,
DK

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
I wud suggest u to go for masters in sum universities. Since u hv gud scores n work experience. So go for masters

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can only apply for a work permit / work visa if you have a full time job offer from a Canadian employer and your Canadian employer has obtained an approved LMIA.

engrdk

Mar 1, 2015
Thank you Skylla. Yes you are right. Therefore I see the only option I have is study visa. My former Canadian boss also advised me the same but, and as I see most of guys here are dependent that I am not, due to financial requirements I earlier thought of work visa. I guess I better start saving money. Peace.

engrdk

Mar 1, 2015
Thanks Sobiikhan. However, I need expert advise to review my profile and let me know what are the chances if I apply for masters.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engrdk said:
Hello everyone, it's been over an hour I am reading a lot of posts and it's really helpful forum. Thanks to everyone who made it! Cheers!

I am putting up my profile for you guys to find if it fits the requirements for study visa or should I go for work there? By the way, I am almost completely null in Canadian rules regarding visas.

My profile:
Year = Title = %age = Issues if any
2003 = 10th = 77% = Null
2005 = 12th = 72% = Null
2010 = B.E* = 68.5% = Few supplements and 1 year term back (all this during first two years as I was not interested then)

About my Bachelor Program
*I started my 4 years bachelor in Jan 2006, however, I completed in 2010 making it 5 years there. Course was Industrial Engineering and Management from one of reputed and oldest public sector engineering universities. During first year, I was termed back (you go to same semester in next year due to attendance issue) because I was not interested to study there but soon I started doing best there.

First two years consistently have low percentages like 55-65% in every semester.
Around 5-7 supplementary exams in total to clear failure subjects.
Last two years of bachelor were my best to give around 70-80% in single attempt.

My Experience
I have been working since graduation in occupational safety field (I heard it is in demand in Canada.) with almost 5 years of experience including 2+ years in Middle East being Safety Engineer. However and to remind, my degree is in Industrial Engineering and Management.

My Certifications
I have been attending a lot of courses in Occupational Safety and Health with local diploma in hands and UK certifications of level 3 awards including Train the Trainer award from HABC UK.

English Language
I did attempt IELTS in 2011 (expired) that resulted 6.0. I am sure this time it would give me more than that.

Other Information
Last year I was admitted into various UK universities for masters in Safety, Health and Environmental courses. However, I could not decided because of certain issues. Now I am strictly planning to move permanently to Canada.

Questions:
Should I go for masters or post graduate certificate or diploma? The best for post-education work there and PR, ofcourse.
Any advise incase I intend to cut the costs as nobody would bear expenses except myself.
Should I apply for work visa? However, my personal interest is to study masters in my professional field and work thereafter.

What are the best options I can avail based on above profile?

Many thanks in advance for reading it. I know it's too long but believe me I tried my best to summarize.

Regards,
DK
Student