+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I go for MBA from university affiliated institute

sanmatijatale

Mar 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have done PGDM from an autonomous institute in India. Are per my research PGDM is not considered 2 year degree equivalent to MBA in Canada. So, I am planning for a MBA program from an institute which is university affiliated(*University comes under the WES approved list). Will IQAS or any other authority consider this degree as 2 year canadian MBA equivalent?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

I have done PGDM from an autonomous institute in India. Are per my research PGDM is not considered 2 year degree equivalent to MBA in Canada. So, I am planning for a MBA program from an institute which is university affiliated(*University comes under the WES approved list). Will IQAS or any other authority consider this degree as 2 year canadian MBA equivalent?
Nothing is guaranteed. The immigration system and the associated stuffs will be going through immense changes in the near future. The so called changes / reforms are declared under the new budget which was published couple of months ago. If the ECA institutes are given particular policy changes in the ways of evaluating credentials then it's not predictable.

sanmatijatale

Mar 21, 2021
Nothing is guaranteed. The immigration system and the associated stuffs will be going through immense changes in the near future. The so called changes / reforms are declared under the new budget which was published couple of months ago. If the ECA institutes are given particular policy changes in the ways of evaluating credentials then it's not predictable.
Hey, thanks for the prompt reply but what does the rules say now it is considered MBA equivalent today?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hey, thanks for the prompt reply but what does the rules say now it is considered MBA equivalent today?
There are no specific rules for particular colleges or universities.
The specific college / university being listed in WES doesn't mean they are equating it as Canada's equivalent, but it means they can assess the credential which is 100% sure, some unlisted universities and their transcripts reaching WES will be cancelled upon verification because of recognition reasons.

The course work per semester and the credits per each course from the foreign university should least match 80% or more to Canada's MBA . Since there are many colleges and universities offering this course, it's unable to predict if it'll be given Canadian equivalency, But universities accepting entry to MBA via GRE / GMAT or considerable amount of work experience will have more chances of getting a Canadian equivalent assessment. Most MBA's from the UK / U.S.A / AUS / NZ are Canadian equivalent for sure , which is I am certain of

Reactions: spanish_polski