+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I give IELTS Again or PNP is a Better Option?

Oct 2, 2016
Hi,
I am planning to apply in Express Entry Category, for which I have a valid IELTS score of 7.5 (Over All) with Individual score as follows:

R: 8 (CLB 10)
L: 8.5 (CLB 10)
S: 7.5 (CLB 10)
W:6.5 (CLB 8)

Now with my educational qualification (4yrs Degree course in Eletronics followed by 2yrs Masters Degree Course in Embedded Systems), work experience - 10months(1st Job) + 9 months (Internship, Paid) + 14months and running (Current job) and the mentioned IELTS score, my CRS points are 408. If I get CLB 9 in all sections of IELTS, my score will stand at 445. Moreover, on 24th Feb, I shall be completing 3 years of professional experience. This will take my maximum points to 470, with all CLB 9s. The 2015 statistics shows the cut-off score to be 450 (Without PNP) and 2016 has seen the lowest cut-off score of 470.

Now my question is that, should I spend money for applying to IELTS again and hoping to crack the golden band score (CLB 9 in all, if not 10) or apply in EE with PNP option. I am considering Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia (in order of preference) as the options. I am also aware of the additional 1500$ cost for PNP, along with some time restriction in reference to work and stay.

Kindly help me out in making a wise and good decision.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IETLS IMO 470 should be enough to get an ITA, but whatever floats your boat.

Cheers ;)

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
gurusinghjassal said:
Hi,
I am planning to apply in Express Entry Category, for which I have a valid IELTS score of 7.5 (Over All) with Individual score as follows:

Now with my educational qualification (4yrs Degree course in Eletronics followed by 2yrs Masters Degree Course in Embedded Systems), work experience - 10months(1st Job) + 9 months (Internship, Paid) + 14months and running (Current job) and the mentioned IELTS score, my CRS points are 408. If I get CLB 9 in all sections of IELTS, my score will stand at 445. Moreover, on 24th Feb, I shall be completing 3 years of professional experience. This will take my maximum points to 470, with all CLB 9s. The 2015 statistics shows the cut-off score to be 450 (Without PNP) and 2016 has seen the lowest cut-off score of 470.

Now my question is that, should I spend money for applying to IELTS again and hoping to crack the golden band score (CLB 9 in all, if not 10) or apply in EE with PNP option. I am considering Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia (in order of preference) as the options. I am also aware of the additional 1500$ cost for PNP, along with some time restriction in reference to work and stay.

If you think you did well in writing, Apply for review of your writing score. It might increase to 7

Akinoluwa

Mar 8, 2016
Ask for a remark. Most likely you will get an increase to 7, and massive points to follow. Ask for a remark pls.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
gurusinghjassal said:
Hi,

apply for re-assessment for writing.

Oct 2, 2016
Thank you everyone,
People who have suggested review/re_check of IELTS, the date for that has long exceeded the deadline.

@Dan_and: I am too willing to wait for the next draw, plus there are 3 months before I am actually eligible for the 470 (Max) Points. Thanks anyways.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
gurusinghjassal said:
Thank you everyone,
People who have suggested review/re_check of IELTS, the date for that has long exceeded the deadline.

@Dan_and: I am too willing to wait for the next draw, plus there are 3 months before I am actually eligible for the 470 (Max) Points. Thanks anyways.
If you resit for IELTS and get 7 in Writing, keeping the other module scores at min. CLB 9 or more , then your score will increase by atleast 58 points. All the best.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Looking at the bands in other sections, I would definitely ask you to take the IELTS again to get the magic numbers 8+,7+,7+,7+

And since by Feb you can get 470 CRS, getting a direct ITA will be easy and makes more sense rather than applying for OINP and wait for anything 4-8+ months for nomination and then 6 more months for PPR.

If I were you, I would have sat for IELTS again for the magic bands to increase my CRS.

NB: In the meantime you may create the EE profile and wait for nomination while waiting for your new IELTS results.