+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I get my medical examination done before ITA?

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Hi guys,

I havent submit my profile yet and hence havent got ITA. I will submit my profile by May 1st. I am quite positive to have ITA by June and I want to get everything ready. Now, I am wondering if I should go ahead and do my medical examination so I can have everything ready.

Thanks in advance,

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
According to grunberg.ca you need your ITA. But as soon as you have it do it, it may take sometime, if you want to save sometime do your police clear, from Canada and your country, and translate certificates if you need to.

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
tiffany123 said:
Hi guys,

I havent submit my profile yet and hence havent got ITA. I will submit my profile by May 1st. I am quite positive to have ITA by June and I want to get everything ready. Now, I am wondering if I should go ahead and do my medical examination so I can have everything ready.

Thanks in advance,
From what i know u need to give ur ita reference number while getting the medicals done.. Also u will not get the medical report. It will be directly sent to cic by the medical agency/hospital and it will get attached to your profile based on the reference number you provide.. So u wont be able to do medicals before that..

However u can hav ur police clearance done if you are positive that you will receive ita in 3 months time ...

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Seby25 said:
From what i know u need to give ur ita reference number while getting the medicals done.. Also u will not get the medical report. It will be directly sent to cic by the medical agency/hospital and it will get attached to your profile based on the reference number you provide.. So u wont be able to do medicals before that..

However u can hav ur police clearance done if you are positive that you will receive ita in 3 months time ...
I live in Canada. Do I need police record? I checked and I dont think I need to

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
tiffany123 said:
I live in Canada. Do I need police record? I checked and I dont think I need to
Hi,
you need to submit the PCC from every country where you stayed 6 or more months after the age of 18. You don't need to submit the Canadian PCC (RCMP) though.

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you need to submit the PCC from every country where you stayed 6 or more months after the age of 18. You don't need to submit the Canadian PCC (RCMP) though.
Hi there. Thanks a lot for your response. I've lived in Canada since the age of 17 so I dont get to get one right? Just want to make sure :) Thanks a lot !!

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. CIC website says NOT to take medicals before ITA.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
tiffany123 said:
Hi there. Thanks a lot for your response. I've lived in Canada since the age of 17 so I dont get to get one right? Just want to make sure :) Thanks a lot !!
Hi,
no, you don't need any police clearance in your case. Sometime happens (in similar cases) that the CIC ask for one anyway.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to get ITA before you do your medicals. However it is advisable to wait until you get ITA.