+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I finish my Masters in Pakistan before applying?

ahmerhere

Oct 29, 2017
Hello,
I have a 4 years' bachelors. And 4 years' job experience. My IELTS score was 8 (L=8, R=8, S=8, W=7.5).
I will be going with my wife. I am eligible for express entry.

I have currently 426 points. If I wait about 1.5 - 2 years, I can increase my points to 477. Because I am half way done with my Masters, and by that time my wife will have finished her 4 years' bachelors, and probably improved her IELTS score.

Is it worth waiting for 51 more points? I do not want to have to repeat the whole process if I don't get selected.
Regards,
Ahmer

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hello,
I have a 4 years' bachelors. And 4 years' job experience. My IELTS score was 8 (L=8, R=8, S=8, W=7.5).
I will be going with my wife. I am eligible for express entry.

I have currently 426 points. If I wait about 1.5 - 2 years, I can increase my points to 477. Because I am half way done with my Masters, and by that time my wife will have finished her 4 years' bachelors, and probably improved her IELTS score.

Is it worth waiting for 51 more points? I do not want to have to repeat the whole process if I don't get selected.
Regards,
Ahmer
You can enter the EE pool with your current score. If fortunately you do get invited with your current CRS, well and good. Else you can reside in the pool until you finish your masters, bump your CRS and get an ITA subsequently. Good luck.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
You can enter the EE pool with your current score. If fortunately you do get invited with your current CRS, well and good. Else you can reside in the pool until you finish your masters, bump your CRS and get an ITA subsequently. Good luck.
along what is said above, try for OINP as well