+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I file my wife's visitor visa or not ?

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Need your suggestions for my situation.

Me and my wife have been in relationship since 2013.
I got my PR in June 2017 ( did my landing then came back to India ).

We applied for her visitor visa in March 2019 and mistakenly didn't submit All documents --> both times it got rejected ( stupid mistake by us ).

I finally moved to Canada in April 2019 myself.
We got married in May 2019 (registered marriage only. Full traditional Indian marraige planned in Oct 2019).

We'll be submitting her PR application next month.

My question is : after submission of PR application, should I file for visitor visa for 3rd time or should I not file for visitor visa at all ?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi All,

We applied for her visitor visa in March 2019 and mistakenly didn't submit All documents --> both times it got rejected ( stupid mistake by us ).

We got married in May 2019 (registered marriage only. Full traditional Indian marraige planned in Oct 2019).

My question is : after submission of PR application, should I file for visitor visa for 3rd time or should I not file for visitor visa at all ?
You can try and file for a visitors visa after you receive your sponsor approval but do know visitors visa rejection is very high for spouses especially for those who have a PR application going on since the officer is not usually convinced of the spouses intention to return to home country within a given time. In saying so, people have secured visitors too in the past by providing very strong ties to the country but there are also people that show strong ties and still don’t get it. So there’s also a bit of luck involved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware that a good proportion of PR applications are refused if you just submit court marriages without the normal traditional ceremonies. You should be filing after your ceremony in October.

Reactions: MuAn

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi All,

Since the beginning of the relationship, have you lived together for a year or more before you landed?

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
You can try and file for a visitors visa after you receive your sponsor approval but do know visitors visa rejection is very high for spouses especially for those who have a PR application going on since the officer is not usually convinced of the spouses intention to return to home country within a given time. In saying so, people have secured visitors too in the past by providing very strong ties to the country but there are also people that show strong ties and still don’t get it. So there’s also a bit of luck involved.
That's right. We applied for a visitor's visa for my wife after we were already married. I didn't understand why as my financial situation and stability is great and she has a very well paying job over there. There's no other explanation.