+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I decline NOI - OINP , no experience in the last 5 years

ladanow

Jan 3, 2013
Hello

A friend received NOI on the express entry profile for French Stream. He has zero experience in his profile in the last five years. His experience was 7&8 years before. I am assuming that the Ontario is sending notifications based on the criteria they announced.

We are confused now, should we accept it, we are afraid it might be declined later by Ontario.

Upon checking the requirements on

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream#section-2

at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part- time work) in TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)

Your work experience must have been:

obtained within the last five years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Well, I think you answered your own question.

If the requirements for this stream state that you need to have at least 1 year of work experience in your primary occupation within the last 5 years, and your friend has 0 years of experience in the last 5 years, then your friend simply does not meet the requirements for this stream.

Sometimes, OINP sends NOI to people who on further inspection, don't meet the criteria. It is not new.

If your friend has 7 or 8 years of work experience in the last 10 years, at least he qualifies for the FSWP.

Cheers.

Reactions: scylla

ladanow

Jan 3, 2013
Well, I think you answered your own question.

If the requirements for this stream state that you need to have at least 1 year of work experience in your primary occupation within the last 5 years, and your friend has 0 years of experience in the last 5 years, then your friend simply does not meet the requirements for this stream.

Sometimes, OINP sends NOI to people who on further inspection, don't meet the criteria. It is not new.

If your friend has 7 or 8 years of work experience in the last 10 years, at least he qualifies for the FSWP.

Cheers.
His experience is not for 7 years. His experience was from 7 years ago